This week was a good week. I had created so much anxiety like I usually do when The Hubby leaves for a trip. I panic as I try and figure out just how I can take care of my own three kids by myself. Do all mothers feel this from time to time? I gave birth to them, clothe them, feed them, etc. Putting all anxieties aside, I jumped in...and what a great week we had. Don't get me wrong, life with a soon to be three year old who so closely resembles my stubborn self, can never be peaceful.
"Breathe", I would tell myself. "No need to rush"...."let her explore". I was amazed that when I did give more of my true self as a mother, she responded. The moments were fleeting. You would not recognize me as the same mom who had a full body press on her toddler in the Target parking lot trying to get her in her carseat. You would not recognize me as the same mother who screamed at the top of her lungs as she stepped on the Star Wars battleship on the instep of her foot.
They froze....so did I. Actually, I was a little dizzy from exhaling such a scream.
I felt better...
The night ended with Sis Margaret helping me make veggie barley soup as the sun tried to peek from behind storm clouds. The Hubby returns this evening and then the boys and I are off to a sunnier place on Monday. So much for having all five of us under the same roof for long.
While the moments that I get with each of the kids alone are few, I must say that I believe CEP and JWP understand the ultimate love a mother can have for her child. With Easter approaching, I took time to once again tell them the story of the death, resurrection and accension of Jesus. I looked in their eyes as I told them of how they put a crown of thorns on his head and drove nails in his hands. Their eyes began to tear up...they understood the ultimate love Christ has for them.
I don't think I could or have ever been more proud as a mother. Forget awards at school or at the end of a sports season, my heart poured out for them at that moment.
They understood why Jesus died....for us...for our sins...for us to be saved. They also realized how overwhelming beyond words it must have been for Mary to have watched her son be persecuted and killed. I did my job as a parent...my job is not done, but I praise God that he allowed us to have that moment. A moment that I will never forget..one that I have replayed in my mind over and over again this week.
With the celebration of our risen Lord,
there's a renewed sense of praise and gratefulness
for the many ways He blesses our lives!
Hosanna!!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a beautiful post. You have such a way with words Eden! :)
Post a Comment