Friday, August 21, 2009

Making Moments


Today's daydream started early. I was curled up in the office chair, hands wrapped around my favorite mug full of coffee...more flavored cream than coffee, please. My music played, devotional in hand, fountain trickling. I haven't had one of these mornings in a long time. It was the second day of school for the boys, too. I huge feat that I fell back into my comfy cocoon so soon after the summer vacation had come to an end. Looking out the window, I tricked myself into thinking it was cool outside. Those Indian summer days that I so lovingly adore. Time to get back in the groove, albeit a new groove...a new normal.

We visited my mom and dad this past weekend. We had a lovely time. Ice tea on the porch. Sweet corn at every meal...Indiana sweet corn can only be rivaled by that of Iowa's...or so I have been told by Mrs. Roe. Dad is halfway though treatment and visited the surgeon yesterday. Looking ahead, we may be looking at surgery in mid October. Every single day is another blessing..another day to make a memory that could possible sustain us for a while.

The boys were anxious to start school again. This anxiety was met with some relief, I believe. Their summer break was turned upside down, but they rallied and concluded it with a day "of doing nothing". When asked what they did this summer, they matter of fact stated that they spent the summer with their grandparents.."making memories". I prefer "making moments"...don't you?

So, today's daydream must come to an end. It is now time to go back and read some more. On today's agenda...being intentional in all I do. Being intentional and making moments...one at a time.

3 comments:

Jen L. said...

Eden ~ I'm looking forward to school starting, too, so that I can get back to a routine!! Unstructure is nice for awhile, but then it starts to drive me crazy!!! So glad to hear that you are doing well & thanks for the reminder to enjoy the kids, as I'm trying to be intentional about, too, and not get stressed over every little thing. When I try to control everything, all it ends up doing is making me a wreck!! Thanks for reminding me to let the kids be kids & use their imaginations and not to sweat the small stuff!! I've enjoyed so much reading your blog - you put things into perspective perfectly!! Hope you see you soon!!

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

We start school next week...my girls are going to middle school..Olivia starts High School and Gregs first varisty game tonite!!

I will be curled up on my chair tuesday wishing I was looking out the window able to cross the street into your front door!!

We can always have the memories!!
Thanks for the Grandpa Tony Update...

love aml

goroes said...

and some day when you and i find ourselves under "that" tree sipping wine and catch-up i'll share an ear of our iowa corn with you if you share one of yours with me.

here is to a fabulous school year for all of the kiddos and parents alike. here is to another beautiful day for your daddy!

one at a time...

Related Posts with Thumbnails