Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Forge On!

My brain isn't working. I really don't have any profound thoughts at the moment. I write this post while sitting on my parents couch. The call came last night around midnight. We wouldn't have known that my mom was going into surgery if it hadn't been for my sister calling them and "catching them in the act" of sitting in the emergency room.

Long story short (I'm exhausted..so it will be short)..they called in the surgical team and after doing a scan they operated on my mom, removing over 18 inches of her colon and intestine. She will have another surgery to reconnect all her plumbing.(she will have my head when she finds out I blogged this)

I don't remember driving to the hospital this morning. A three hour trip took over four. Thirty of those minutes were spent at a McDonald's in Huntington, Indiana. Really, how much more can we take. "Okay, spiritual warfare spirits..Bring It On! We will fight this just like we have fought every other battle you have put us through." I sat in the parking lot and cried..said a few choice words..and collected myself before driving on. Forge on...I think this may become a motto of mine.

The chemo and radiation doctor told my dad to "forge on" when his cell count came back too low to continue treatment this week. That's what we shall do, as a family. We will forge on, once again overcoming any obstacle that comes our way. Of course, we won't do it alone. He is walking alongside us...my Savior, that is.

P.S. a big shout-out to my dad who followed in his youngest daughters footsteps when it comes having his voice heard. My dashing dad sent an email to Ms. Rachel Maddow of MSNBC. She has no idea who she is up against..lol! I think fatigue is setting in...I had better close for now before I get myself in trouble.
Night, loves!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Eden, we are so very sorry to hear the health challenges your mother is dealing with, not to mention your dad and I understand their house is for sale - all I can say is "forge on." These battles are hard, they are tough, but knowing He is with you all the way, that your family loves and cares about all of you will allow you to "forge on."

Love, Steve and Beckie

Malisa said...

I am so sorry Eden. How many trials do you have to face at this time in your lives? I will pray for you and all your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails