
"Just pray the words your heart is feeling"
These were the words I spoke to the four little first grade girls as we sat in a circle at church last night. I can't tell you just how humbled I am to be in the presence of children of God. The girls each spoke..."please help the children of Haiti find their mom's and dad's". "Please let the people know they are not alone, you are there for them God". It was a testament to the sweet blessings we all have been given. The plight of human suffering, regardless of how far away, can rock you to your core.
Yesterday, I heard the school bus drop the boys off. JWP came running through the door as CEP lagged behind. He stood silent and then burst into tears. He told me how CEP had thrown a snowball at the bus and had missed. He ran into the road to retrieve it when a van came around the corner. Luckily the van was able to come to a stop, but he was upset at "what might have been".
Most of you are aware of the failed terrorist plot on Christmas day this year. It really rocked our family because that is the flight that The Hubby takes monthly on his overseas trips. The same flight, the same destination, and as he later informed me, the same row. It sent chills down my spine. I was upset at "what might have been".
I have learned that we cannot predict catastrophes. We don't hold the crystal ball to foresee the tragedies in our lives. We can only hold onto faith. Faith that if some terrible were to happen to someone we love, the compassion & empathy of our souls would rise up and take over. Mending quarrels, professing my faith, and getting back to the basics...thinking of "I can't wait for what is to come" instead of "what might have been".
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Anticipation
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so so true!what a touching, heart filling post.
THANK YOU for this reminder~
Post a Comment