Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Faux Fur


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be a little more hip. Now when I say hip, I mean actually taking a shower every single day, applying makeup, donning jewelry and looking somewhat presentable. So, when I recently went shopping with my mom and sister I happened to see this faux fur vest hanging on the rack. I wondered if I could pull it off. Reluctantly, I took off my sad looking ski jacket and slipped the vest on over my shirt. I wasn't convinced, but was quickly reassured that it looked great with my hair and since it was on sale, a bargain. Of course, my sis cleverly quipped that she wouldn't dare wear it! I hesitated, only due to the fact that I take Sis Margaret to preschool and run to Target...was the vest "errand running" worthy? If I could feel glamorous living in Northwest Ohio if only for a day, it was worth it. The vest made its way into my cart and home, finding a spot in the closet.

This morning, I got all dolled up for an exciting day of returns. I decided to be a fashionista and wear my new vest. I put on Sarah's coat, followed by my new vest(feeling pretty good, mind you).
It was then that Sarah exclaimed:

"Wow, Momma...you are wearing a dead raccoon"

I promptly took it off and put back on my ski jacket.

2 comments:

LL said...

i'm LAUGHING!!!!
that is fabulous.
I'm with you. I need to be more hip and pulled together. But it's often hard to justify it when I hang at home. YET, I feel better when i get done up.
GREAT GOAL!

goroes said...

LOL!!!
just what i .eeded tonight! thank you darling diva!

Related Posts with Thumbnails