Tuesday, May 12, 2009

slow drivin'.....


Sometimes I think I could be a bounty hunter(at least I pretend to be on Wednesday night's on A&E). I try and picture myself driving around Hawaii with Duane Lee, Baby Lysa, Leland, Busty Beth and Dog in their big black Suburban. Rather, I am a stay-at-home momma who fights fires and tries each and every day to keep the peace among the natives. I do have a little bit of fight left in me when it comes to taking the bad guys down. This months group that I am fighting for are the kids of the cul-de-sac.

We live in a "older" community..ie one of retirement age. They are not used to kiddos and all the joys that come with them. The neighborhood went to pot when we moved in....it will never be the same. Truly, where can a you witness a half naked two year old dodge the "oldies" in their golf carts having an early bird cocktail? Remember my post about the "new neighbors"? Well, they moved in last Fall and couldn't be any nicer. They brought with them two little boys which has brought even more excitement to the cul-de-sac. The problem with all these children is that the "oldies" aren't used to having to stop for a bus or maintain a sensible speed throughout the streets. I have spent countless hours yelling at passing cars as they whisked by while chatting on their phones. I had seen enough!

All it took was two phone calls. One to the county police to start a morning patrol in the neighborhood in order to catch the "school bus scooters" and one to the township road department to get a new shiny "child at play" sign. The fruit of my labors paid off! Sorry Dog, I won't be saying "aloha" to your team, I have my own bad guys to capture here in Ohio!

3 comments:

ANN LADEMANN said...

E:

WHO knew you loved my dog too!!
I keep wondering could her ta-ta's be real?? Come on, its one thing being fat, but why have fake boobs that big??? Hmmmm... as far as the oldies, let's hope they go to Florida soon and our kiddies can have peace...

Or in the alternative, Travis you let them move back here, where we have no cul-d-sacs or oldies? I await your advices?

love aml

ourgrowingfamily said...

Hi! Maybe if you sported an outfit such as Beth's you'd get those speeders to take more notice. We miss you guys. I always love seeing pics of the kiddies.
-Alyssa

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails