Friday, May 8, 2009

Thanks A Lot Appliance Fairy


Dear Appliance Fairy,
Remember me?? I sent you a letter a year ago(read here)asking for a little special gift well, I know you had the best of intentions to finally grant my wish without it appearing to be my Mother's Day gift, but I am a little grumpy. While I appreciate the effort, I am somewhat baffled. You see, a week ago I decided to put my Financial Peace skills to the test and go buy my fridge. I had enough of Friday night runs to the local gas station to pick up my bag of ice(p.s. I don't believe for one second that it is purer than filtered water)and I was armed and ready. Research completed, reviews read, nothing stood between me and "The Godfather" of refrigerators. I walked in and I do believe I heard angels singing...little cherubs flew around the ice dispenser as the control panel glowed in such a beautiful hue of the color blue. It was the Jetson's fridge on steroids. I approached the appliance department to find myself all alone. No sales associates in sight, I pushed "the red button" for assistance. The lady called for help and I set off with "Chris" to show him the fridge I wanted to purchase. Just as I was taking my final measurements, these two male Hill residents came out of nowhere(let me just say I do not have a problem with Hill residents; as in hillbillies). They approached and said,"this here is our fridge; we was here first". Appliance Fairy, I am not exaggerating when I am using incorrect grammar to quote them..they really did sound like this. I then went into "wimp" mode and let them bully me into letting Chris talk to them first. I then went into "don't mess with me momma" mode and made my complaint know to the manager. She was quite nice as she found the same model at another store. A week later and many minutes and logged phone calls, the beauty was to be delivered this afternoon.

The delivery men said they would be here at 2, so I hastily cleaned it out putting all the items into totes. I think I even threw out condiments galore! I didn't want to spoil the new fridge with old stuff. They took the doors off the old fridge and were in the process of taking it out when they stopped in their tracks. "Ummm...Mrs. Perry, I think we had better measure the space". I had measured it, Appliance Fairy!! I had measured it a gazillion times and it was "just" going to fit. The problem wasn't the space in which it fits, but rather getting it into the kitchen between the counter and the island. IT WAS A NO GO!!!!! Defeated, I watched as they rolled the beauty back onto the truck and hooked up the veteran again. You probably heard me sob, Appliance Fairy. You know it's not nice to mess with Crazy Momma's emotions. The in-laws pulled up right at that moment for a weekend visit.(if they didn't think The Hubby was married to a nut job, they certainly do now).

As I sit here typing this post, the food is still sitting in tubs...the condiments on the counter. I don't care if it spoils, Appliance Fairy. You know not to mess with "The Godfather" and a crazy stay-at-home momma and her appliances. Hopefully we can somehow mend this relationship and move forward from here. I hope we can once again work together in our collaborated effort in making kitchens happy everywhere.
Love,
Eden

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails