Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Wish You a Blessed Day


I have two and a half hours, three days a week, while Sis Margaret is at school. I have good intentions to go to Starbucks or Carribou and sit with a good book, a latte and most of my sanity. Unfortunately, the reality of being a mom of three, with more obligations than I can juggle, catch up with me. This time is more appropriately spent rushing to get milk and bread, run to the bank, calm the family "Daily Drama", etc. Therefore, my mind is spread over a million places just reaffirming I am alive and "normal" in this world of "normal".

It was truck day at TJ Maxx, so I had to just take a sneak peek to see if any new goodies arrived. I was ready to pull out of the parking lot into another lot and proceeded to turn left. The minute I did, a huge pick-up truck came barreling around the corner...out of nowhere. Trust me when I say I am a excellent driver :) Let's just say he wasn't very pleased with my choice of timing. As I made my other turn into the parking lot, his two middle fingers shot up quicker than a game of fast draw. He was sure to let me know he was very angry.

Oftentimes, the rage of having red hair would come out and I would politely reply back with my own form of insult along with a little prayer that he would have uncontrollable diarrhea(my mom taught me that one)! Thanks Mom! Instead, I was so overwhelmed with anger , I pulled over and cried. Now, this man could have cared less that his quick reaction would draw such a dramatic reaction from a girl like myself, but it did. He continued into the Walmart parking lot and continued about his day...probably never giving it much thought again that he affected me emotionally like he did.

The point I am trying to make isn't that I was a big cry baby because someone hurt my feelings, but it is to recognize that every single interaction that you have with people on a daily basis can be construed in a certain way. How you react to the elderly lady in the grocery line writing a check, or the sales clerk who didn't ring up your discount correctly can mean so much. We don't have a telepathic way of knowing what someone might be going through outside of that situation. The man in the truck didn't know that I had closed a few windows, that my dad had cancer, that I am in still awaiting news on a huge family changing event. He didn't know that his lovingly gesture would send me over the edge. So, as you go about your day, be aware how you react to those around you. Say a little prayer for them. Wish them a blessed day.

btw...I must be honest. I did wish the truck driver a bad case of diarrhea, but with a bathroom and a bottle of Imodium nearby. I also did it in the form of prayer, with a blessing of a good day. Does that count?

2 comments:

ANN LADEMANN said...

E:

Put on your big girl pants and move on....

No one handles it all better then you, with that beautiful red hair and smile!! Now go get a Starbucks with Sis, it will all be okay!!

There will be no lifechanging events going on in the Perry or Zentz house, it will all remain the same??Why you ask, because I said so.....

Love and Hugs
aml
P.S. If Sandy doesn't put on her big girl pants and start blogging I'm calling her!! Lol...

ANN LADEMANN said...

E:

Put on your big girl pants and move on....

No one handles it all better then you, with that beautiful red hair and smile!! Now go get a Starbucks with Sis, it will all be okay!!

There will be no lifechanging events going on in the Perry or Zentz house, it will all remain the same??Why you ask, because I said so.....

Love and Hugs
aml
P.S. If Sandy doesn't put on her big girl pants and start blogging I'm calling her!! Lol...

Related Posts with Thumbnails