Thursday, November 12, 2009

Helping

It's that time again! The time of year when I challenge you all to step up and do something for the good of others. Now you know I don't expect you to change the world, but showing a little love to others doesn't cost a thing. Some readers have stepped up their volunteer activities...Ann in N.C. has been at the Mooresville Soup Kitchen and is fighting for Barium's Children's Home. Her girls have even helped out too. It's all about helping others, without expecting anything in return!! You can get hooked up with a local or national volunteer organization or come up with an activity you can do on your own.

Recently, some of my family members helped to winterize homes in Indiana through The United Way. This has become somewhat of a family tradition of theirs. Below, you can see a pic of my mom, brother and nephew who helped out.


This year as a family, we are collecting "gently loved" stuffed animals to donate. They will be finding new homes in the local nursing homes and also at Toledo's Clothing Closet. The Closet offers free clothing to local residents who cannot afford to clothe themselves or their children. The kids thought that these kids might like a new toy to go along with their clothes. I have received so many donations thanks in part to just getting the word out.



So, how will you give back this month? November is a wonderful month to be thankful...now, let's allow someone else to be thankful for one of the many things we take for granted.

3 comments:

Jen L. said...

Eden...where can I get more info about the stuffed animal donations? I would love to be a part of that.

Bountiful Blessings said...

Jen,
I am actually collecting them on my own and then distributing them. I am on my way now to a Toledo New Neighbor's Activity to meet some moms and kids. The kids are going to be bringing them in. Let me know if you want me to take some of your animals for you...(i'll take the girls, too...lol)

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

Its amazing the power of a little word can do!! And amazing how the old people love our children's baby dolls and stuffed animals, My Nana age 94 and with Alzheimers now knows none of us but loves her Baby Doll!! Thank you for making a difference!!
LOVE AML

Related Posts with Thumbnails