
"Mrs. Perry, we do offer a payment plan, if you are interested." Interested?? How do parents actually afford dental work without a payment plan. I wasn't anticipating just how soon the orthodontic work would begin. JWP, got braces put on a month ago and I wasn't quite prepared for the financial aspect of it.
I had braces as a teenager while my siblings had to fend for themselves in having their teeth straightened. I have paid a pretty penny to have my teeth straightened, filed and whitened. The dentist that we go to for our overall dental check-ups is like the "Dr. Rey" of plastic surgery.A local celebrity of sorts. When you walk into the office, there is a framed copy of the above Cosmopolitan magazine. (I have blurred out the cover for my younger readers) It is autographed by Toledo's famous daughter, Miss Katie Holmes to her favorite dentist. The boys always stop and stare and inquire who "she" is. "Just someone who left Toledo to live elsewhere and never came back," I reply.
It was at this appointment, my dentist told me I had beautiful teeth. Maybe this will be my big break out of Toledo. Or maybe, I will just smile while living here a little longer. Katie Holmes, I am not....but I'm sure my hubby would jump on a couch on national television to profess his love for me. Then again, I don't think he would.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Smile
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 5:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It is so good to laugh...thanks for making it happen at 6:51 am!
E:
Not for nothing she's not even smiling in the photo, and if I were your siblings, I'd be pissed why were you the only one who got them....uh oh now Ma is mad at me for saying that Honorable Sibling I am in trouble.....
xoxox
aml
E:
Not for nothing she's not even smiling in the photo, and if I were your siblings, I'd be pissed why were you the only one who got them....uh oh now Ma is mad at me for saying that Honorable Sibling I am in trouble.....
xoxox
aml
Post a Comment