Friday, June 19, 2009

My Dad



Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
While we do not look at the things which are seen, but the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

What a wonderful week of serving I just completed. God was present and alive...He had to be.

I am going to be absent from blogging for a while. It seems God has a different plan for me. While at the Big Serve my father became ill after a routine surgery. Test after test revealed that he has pancreatic cancer. This has been a complete shock and is devastating to my family. At this time he is having emergency surgery, but as many of you many be aware, this particular cancer is terrible. My faith has been in my God who I prayed to watch over my dad while I continued my serving on my mission trip. He had plans for me this week and he came though loud and clear. So, as my family goes through this personal trial, I once again cry out to my Lord for healing, wisdom, and faith. For He and He alone is the one true God who is capable of miracles. I believe and proclaim his glory as I raise up my Dad to him.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad and Happy Fathers Day to my sweet and remarkable Dad.
I LOVE YOU!!

In Him....

4 comments:

LL said...

Eden. This breaks my heart...what a sweet post!
Prayers for your dad, you and the rest of your family.
You have incredible faith, I know you will find comfort through this trial.
Sending love~

Carla said...

Eden, I'm sitting here sobbing as my
heart breaks for you and your whole family. Such treasured memories I have spending time with your family.
We love you all and will pray fervently that God will heal Tony and carry you all with His incredible strength and hold you up with His ever capable hands.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Thinking of you all!
Carla Hampton

Unknown said...

My mom told me the news and then sent me your blog. I want you to know that your family and your dad are in our prayers.

the roe family said...

oh eden, i am so incredibly sorry for the pain and suffering that you must now endure. and for the fear that i am sure you have been filled with.
as you may or may not be aware i have worked in the onoclogy field since 97... and all i can say is that with all my heart i am sorry! i will pray that your father is comfortable and that you will be able to cherrish this time you still have with him here on earth. andi will pray that you and your family find peace.

Related Posts with Thumbnails