Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Carnival Volunteer






Dear Carnival Volunteer,
I just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for giving my kiddos a free fish at the school carnival. I am aware that the games were closing and the raffle and fireworks were beginning, but seriously, a free fish? I do appreciate you giving of your time to work the fish bowl game at the school carnival and I know how those Parent Club members can be, but seriously, a free fish. I know you struggled to figure out what to do with the leftovers, but there is no room in this house for a fish. The kiddos carried the little fishy, lovingly named Carlos in to show me. I was distracted as I set eyes on the prize...a AAA bag filled to the brim with goodies for your car(perfect for me since my battery has died twice in the past month). Before I knew it Carlos was in the van on his way to his new tupperware home, as Sis Margaret tried to squish him.

Carnival Volunteer, if you wanted to give away the fish, you should also have given away a fish bowl and food. I'm sorry but my Financial Peace budget didn't allow for a miscellaneous charge to take on a pet, regardless how small. Now, if I was flying to NYC to see a Broadway play for the night, I would presumably have the money to care for this fish, but I don't. My date nights consist of Taco Bell drive-thru and watching Sopranos reruns. I digress...I knew that I would have to care for this little fish and that I cannot do at this time in my life. The kiddos realized the sacrifice they would have to make to take care of him, and frankly, the idea that once appeared to be grand turned out to be a question of my sanity.

We almost called you, Carnival Volunteer, to accompany us to the neighborhood pond. Once there, we deposited our little Carlos into his new home. Here he will swim among the lost golf balls and algae that call this pond home. As we released him into the murky water, the kids expected him to swim away but he decided to "rest" (or at least that is what we told them. ) I think we traumatized him during his three day stay with us. We have been known to do that to company who stays too long. Let this be an open invitation, Carnival Volunteer, to come visit us anytime. We are sure you will enjoy your stay!

In loving memory of Carlos,
Crazy Momma Perry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA ....LOL! Love it :) Don't forget, we have a creek should you need to make future deposits...

ANN LADEMANN said...

LOL poor Carlos, Tierney Rose is on her fifth (5th folks) Hamster in 6th weeks, we're not asking any questions, they just keep croaking!! At least with carnival fish you can flush them!!!

Hamsters you have to have a whole ceremony and bury them....hopefully Una won't unbury them... Ughh!!

Once again thanks to Lee for giving me Una...today she ate the whole garbage can while I was at the orthopedist getting a cortizone shot!! Gotta love life somedays!!

The pictures of your children made my morning because I cried cleaning up the garbage after Una and cried thinkin what's going to come out of Una...you can flush Carlos!!

LOVE AML

Related Posts with Thumbnails