
Ahh...I'm going home. I cannot express the range of emotions that I am going through. I do believe that this time around, I am ready to go. I am exhausted mentally, physically, emotionally and financially! It has been a wonderful time spent with my parents, a time I wouldn't give up for the world. Yet, I am so anxious to walk into the doors of my own home. I've missed my lovely neighbor and friend Julie and her offers of a cup of compassion, aka a hot latte. I miss my flowers/weeds on my deck that I potted before all this happened. I miss hearing the kids laugh outside running across the golf course. I miss my visits from Scot and Cheryl and family...can't wait to see my newly constructed laundry room..wink! I miss my wonderful support from my friends at Westgate. They have been my life line the past two months...a line that sometimes in the midst of chaos gets neglected. I miss my friendly drive-thru girl, Danae who serves me my daily morning concoction. I miss sitting in the office watching The Hubby drive in from work. I miss just "being". In all of this there was no sense of routine, something that I crave. I have lived in many houses, but desperately and longingly call my house in Ohio..HOME!
On a side note...many have asked about my dad. He is doing as well as can be expected. He saw two oncologists this week and will hopefully be starting chemo and radiation this week. We also visited the surgeon who finally took his feeding tube out and reopened his wounds. A huge relief for dad. They are hoping that in approximately 12 weeks, they can go back in and try and remove the tumor on the portal vein and pancreas. They will also attempt to remove some of the affected lymph nodes. It is our hope that this surgery can be successful and that the continuation of the chemo will keep it from spreading elsewhere in the blood or organs. He is in good spirits and looks well. In a conversation with Cameron this past week, he said while he didn't understand why this happened to him, he would never change it, because the past six weeks spent with everyone who means so much to him has been beautiful.
Beautiful indeed...
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Humble Abode
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Eden,
The hearts and prayers of bthe Lademann's are with you. Now & Always...
Love,
Samantha (in the hotel room in Minneapolis with Ann, Nina, and girls.
Post a Comment