Thursday, July 16, 2009

No Va-Cay Here


No need to worry about my whereabouts. I thought you might have had a crazy idea that I was on vacation...oh, I can hear the waves at Watersound if I really try hard enough. Rather, I am still at my parents house on nurse duty. Many have asked how my dad is doing. Well, I guess as good as can be expected. He still has two large open wounds from all the drains that have yet to close. He also has his feeding tube which we use on an "as needed basis". He sees two different oncologists next week along with a return visit to his surgeon. I thank everyone for their prayers and just ask that you continue to pray for all of us, as he will have to make some very difficult decisions this next week.

In addition to the my dad's care, my parents are in the process of selling their house. We have been painting and tearing this place apart the past couple of days. You can tell from the picture not much time has been spent relaxing. I'm just keeping it real folks. Sometimes life isn't pretty, actually it can be pretty messy and crazy physically and emotionally. We have all "hit the wall" a couple of times.

I have been trying to keep up my "fall by the wayside" hobby of reading. I am re-reading The Shack. My copy is so beat up with dogeared pages and ink spots of referenced notes. I have been struck so many times going back through it during this time. I love when Mack is speaking with Sarayu about the evil of independence. Mack notes that giving up ones independence is not going to be an easy process.

"Sarayu interrupted his sentence again. "That in one instance, the good may be the presence of cancer or the loss of income-or even a life."
"Yeah, but tell that to the person with cancer or the father whose daughter is dead," Mack said, a little more sarcastically than he had intended.
"Oh, Mackenzie," reassured Sarayu. "Don't you think we have them in mind as well? Each of them was the center of another story that is untold." -The Shack

I truly believe that this story has only just begun....

1 comments:

ANN LADEMANN said...

E:

I will say, does everyone know your family is famous for getting it all together in record time and making it look like flip this house in an hour??? So show us the end result....with a sis like Cameron who is a world famous decorator [okay probably the wrong title Cam] Your all famous for your staging and fixing!!

Allison, Cam, Eden, & Queen Sandy. I'll sit patiently and wait for the end result photos...

LOVE AML

Related Posts with Thumbnails