Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Visitor Named Joy


I awoke this morning with a headache. One that would normally have me pull the covers up over my head and cancel all plans for the day. Today I knew that The Hubby and I were scheduled to serve first service at church. This meant that we would stay for the second service too. As much as I wanted to just remain in a state of slumber, I felt this tug inside of me that urged me to proceed in getting up. It was this same tug that I felt the night I returned back to the church for no particular reason during my mission trip to receive the phone call that began all of this. I simply listened and was obedient to this tug...the caller introduced himself as The Holy Spirit.

There are times in my life that I actually pray for trials and difficult times. There are times when I feel so blessed that I feel a need to be prepared to proclaim my faith...what will I do when asked? What will I say when challenged? These "test trials" have taught me a lot about faith. Two things have gotten me through all of this...faith & joy. That tug urged me to get up and get moving to the place where all of my dearest friends were gathered. It was at this place that I heard so much about joy and its divine power. The "I Can't" of this terrible situation only poisons my joy. "I can't stand to see my dad go through this" or "I can't be the rock that I am looked upon to be". This poison has no place in my life anymore. It has been replaced by "I Can". The "I Can" has come about because of The Cross.

I have found joy in the midst of all of this. Some may find it strange or odd...we all know that I have never been one to be normal! I rather don't care if they do...for I have found JOY through my FAITH due to this trial, and will gladly answer the call from my friend The Holy Spirit any day.

Rejoice in the Lord always;
and again I say, Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails