Friday, September 11, 2009

On This Day


***On this day, September 11, 2009, I am re-posting my post from last year. The message remains the same...May We Never Forget

It all began with a phone call from my sister. I will never forget the sound of her voice. The fear, the concern, the confusion. Everything she was telling me was so sureal. I began to wonder if I was still sleeping. I looked over to the other side of the bed to notice Trav had already left for work and Jack was still sleeping soundly on my pillow. How could it be? What is going on? I felt disoriented & confused. A warm feeling shot through the veins of my body...I didn't know if it was fear or adrenaline. I picked Jack up and ran throughout the house turning on all the forms of communication I could find. I knew at that moment, all innocence had been lost. I cried. I cried for the feeling of being out of control. I cried for the fear of the unknown . I cried for all of those innocent people who went to work. I cried for all the children who no longer had parents. I cried for those whose efforts to help were ceased. I cried because at that very moment, I knew the world would never be the same for myself or my children. We were and still are so vulnerable. May God bless those who sacrificed so much that day. May God bless all of us who are left behind. May God continue to protect and hold us close.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails