
I have been finding so much comfort in the lyrics of songs lately. Today was a difficult day, yet a day that was filled with comfort and hope. This morning I was able to join together with many ladies of the Toledo area as my Bible Study began. I found so much comfort in these ladies last year...I find that I need other women of faith surrounding me to help keep me accountable...I am after all, human. This years class is full of such wonderful women of God!
This afternoon, I received a call from my mom that a dear friend of our family had suffered a stroke. I thought about how weeks earlier this couple sat with my parents and our family as we struggled to make sense of my dad's diagnosis. This is what good friends do...support, love & life up in prayer. Friends that you consider family. My prayers and the prayers of many go out to the Hammond Family during this time.
Trav & I continue to pray about where He may lead us to go. There are difficult decisions to be made, especially when you are also dealing with a parent who is ill. Yet, we feel confident as a couple and as a family that He is in control. He will carry us along the way. A reminder that wakes me every single morning...why am I searching when YOU hold all the answers. A comfort that I find in the lyrics of a song.
Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away
Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life
Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go
"By Your Side"
Tenth Avenue North
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
A Song
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Dear Eden,
You are so precious. I just read your post and am so touched. We left this evening and dad was doing REALLY well. He is already irritated that he is in the hospital and you know that is a good sign. It is still all very surreal as you well know. We are trusting and believing and already adding up the God moments since this AM. And I so enjoy your posts (I check daily). Your family is so precious to us. We will continue to lift each other up and trust together. Please send love to all.
Post a Comment