We had another Kentucky Derby party(all 5 of us). Our two Bluegrass Babies and one Bluegrass Belle placed their bets on their favorite horse. My pick and favorite, Eight Belles, came in second but sadly had to be euthanized after the race. She was only the fourth filly to race in the Derby. We were very upset, but excited for Big Brown. The kids drank kiddie Mint Juleps and Sarah even wore my official Frank Olive Derby hat, that one day she will inherit. The kids have their very own horse named Toledo Tan. Clay has decided he now wants to be a jockey(note the back scratcher as a whip stand-in) instead of a soldier. There are days we do long for our old Kentucky home and the friends and fun times we had while we lived there.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
7th Annual Perry Derby Party
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 5:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
loved the pics,thanks for the blog
Hello Toledo Family. We love your pictures, what a great tradition you have started, I love the hat and the little girl wearing it......Her brothers look so handsome and are so growing up, I havr met that horse too.. We are fine very busy with our new little on, Eden I think of you often and how you do it with three and I have one little one, it is a great time in our lives right now. Take care, we hope to drive up and see your new home soo... Love Marcia, Paul and Alexander
Post a Comment