Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Helping The World Out...one loan at a time.


A couple of blogs back I wrote about giving back to the world in one form or another. I happened to find this really cool organization that is based on the idea of micocredit. In an effort to teach the kids about the world as a whole and appreciate what they have, Trav and I are going to implement this system. What it does is creates loan for entrepreneurs who live in poverty. It allows them to improve their business and in turn, their lives. Kiva allows you to make a loan to the entrepreneur of your choice. They use the loan, repay the loan, you receive your money back and then can reinvest it all over again. For as little as $25.00, the kids can choose to help a lady in Ghana buy peanuts to make peanut butter for her village, or to buy a man in Azerbaijan two cows so he can start up a dairy business.

1. Giving back
2. Showing God's love
3. Helping others in a fun and creative way.

www.kiva.org

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails