Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, AML



These little surprises will be arriving at your door today!! Don't you just love presents :)





My Dear AML,

It takes more than caring to be a real friend;

The nature of friendship;

Requires a blend of warmest compassion

And love deep and true to reach and to comfort

The way that you do.

Because I can see that your kind of friendship

Is priceless to me.


Happy Birthday, my girl! (can I call you "my girl" if you are so much older than me?? JK!!) I miss you terribly and don't like to think about this time last year as I delivered your b-day present and drove away for the last time. Oh, how I miss our many moments. Moments that I will never share again with another friend. Funny how a Midwestern Prep somehow found a best friend in a Long Island Diva. God has a pretty good sense of humor, doesn't he! (I think the itchy scratchy thingy Catholics would even agree with a Cover like myself). You welcomed me into your family and now I have not only my three kiddos but five others that I simply adore. I love you and miss you more than words can say. So, today in your b-day honor I am going to have a sweet tea and sit back and remember the good times. I can almost feel myself rocking in the chair on the front porch, Una at my feet, Syd playing with my hair, Miss KK watering the ferns, you looking for your keys and the many people who you love come in and out of your door... always an open door. Happy Birthday, my friend....one of the most beautiful women I know.












4 comments:

ma said...

Happy Happy Days dear friend Ann...Thank you for welcoming all who lived close, welcoming, consoling, with open arms. Thanks for the times shared and for always having time for many people. You are a special person and a dear friend! We hold you in our memories.

Anonymous said...

Ann,

Happy Birthday to one of the most wonderful women I've ever known... You are one amazing woman...a pleasure to know you. Keep being YOU and reminding us all to not take ourselves so seriously!!!!

Love ya,

Cameron

lerschfam said...

Happy Birthday Ann!
Here's to you....a fabulous woman!
Thanks for being an amazing friend to Eden. Wish I could've had the chance to get to know you better when I was in N.C. I've been missing out! I hope this next year has wonderful things in store for you.

Love ya girl,
Allison

ANN LADEMANN said...

E:

I am so blessed to be a part of the Zentz-Perry Family. I have been crying since pre-birthday days, then the blog, then the treats, then I saw Lee's flowers blooming yesterday the purple little Iris and thought, how fast time goes, and how lucky we all are to still have one another and I am thankful for ALL of you!

So NO MORE 42 Boo Hoo, I'm moving onto 42 Yipeeeeeee!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS,
AML

Related Posts with Thumbnails