Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's Just Say...

Let's just say it has been a rough week. It all started on Friday with an long day up in Ann Arbor at the Neurological Pain Institute to have some tests run and meet some new docs. All went as planned and I came home with a brand new regimen and a slew of new meds to try out. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out for the best. I go back next month for additional tests and off I go..into the never ending world as a medical guinea pig.

The Hubby left for Germany on Saturday. I was fortunate that my Mom-in-law was here to watch the kiddos so I could go to the mad scientist on my own on Friday. We all woke up and made it to church. It was half way through the service somewhere between "thank you Jesus" and the lesson on tithing that I began to get this strange feeling in my eyes. They began to ache and later that evening I broke out with a high fever and aches. The next morning I thought karma had come back to haunt me(was it when I wished a bad digestion day on the rude check out girl). I called The Hubby who informed me he wasn't feeling well either. I just thought he had a bad piece of schnitzel(I told him veggie was the way to live). As I sat like a freak of nature in the waiting room of the doctor, I could feel the stares coming my way. I did look a little rough. The other patients probably thought I was violently hung-over rather than just suffering from an undiagnosed illness. After performing a flu and strep test, the nice doc(with face covered with a white surgical mask..so much for making me feel at home) told me I tested positive for both the flu and strep. I just laid my body on the examining table and waiting for the scripts. After leaving the pharmacy with the meds from the Pain Institute and my local doc, I have certainly done my part to help the economy recover...I'll accept my thank you later, Mr. President.

The computer broke last week, so I have been confined to bed with the slow, yet invaluable help of the Blackberry. I have had to cancel commitments I had made earlier and while some have been very understanding, some have been annoyed. I am sorry I cancelled on you, but I thought I would be doing you favor by not spreading my germs. Trust me, three kids, a travelling husband and a sick wife is not a good combination. My lovely Mom-in-law has picked up the slack and I think I have slept more than I have in years. For now, I am on the road to recovery. The computer is now fixed, the meds are beginning to go into effect and I am now hoping The Hubby doesn't come home smelling like kraut. I'm back...yipppeee!

5 comments:

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

Jackie had the flu, of course she was the only triplet to get it because she missed her flu shot day for a playdate I allowed her to go to last month after huge begging.....NEVER AGAIN. Next year we are all getting flu shots. Because when one has the flu ALL 6 in my house have to take Tamiflu which costs $25.00 a prescription, no free samples of that of course, I was leaving the next day for a NY Meeting, and Una the dog got a double ear infection and shots FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE DOLLARS....UGGH!!

HANG IN THERE....AML

ourgrowingfamily said...

Hi Eden- So glad you're on the road to recovery. What an awful combination of illnesses. I bet they escorted you out the back door of the drs. office! Enjoy your rest. Sometimes I secretly wish for a sniffle so I can use the excuse to stay in bed!!!

Jen Guthrie said...

Feel better my little one...feel better! I know I am well and not near sickness or pain when I say this.."I'd rather have the flu then trying to get through all these birthdays that never end!" And I say that because watching my kids get older and older and not needing me (is that the definition of "helicopter mom" yet?)is depressing and I live for these kids!Boo hoooo March is almost here and I'll be better....and hopefully you and all your germ catching abitilities!

ma said...

Bless all Mother-in-laws whereever you are...esp. in Ohio!

Olivia said...

So sorry you've been under the weather! Hope you're feeling better. And if the hubby smells like kraut, or anything else German, send him my way! I miss Germany passionately and cannot wait to return for a good long tour!

Related Posts with Thumbnails