Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's Mine Is Not Yours...




My Dearest Kiddos,
I felt it necessary as your crazy momma to inform you that the antics that have been going on in our home cannot be ignored any longer. Somewhere between the time you were born and your current age, you seemed to have gotten this crazy idea that what is Momma's is also yours. This is not true! There are things that belong to myself, or to our family unit as a whole, that you cannot destroy. This includes using permanent markers, scissors, and body parts to deface the goods in our home. I truly enjoy seeing your doodles, drawings, and attempts at cursive, but please doodle away in the many notebooks you own, not on my calendar or checks. You know I encourage your artistic side and the fact that you picked up the trick I taught you(printing the word boy & then using lines to create an actual picture of a boy out of the word), but please use the chalkboard and not your nightstand. Each one of you were given wonderful family names, but they look nice written at the top of your homework page and not on my antique Chinese chest that your grandparents gave me on my sweet sixteen birthday. I guess maybe your momma should change her tune and smile each time I find a new "gift" that you have left. Maybe you are claiming the items as your own for when your father and I pass on. Regardless, I love your doodles, drawings, handwriting and names....especially when they are in your notebooks.
Love Always,
Mommy
btw...we are having broccoli and squash for dinner :) Spring cleaning for our colons!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Eden...I am laughing so hard, SO true, my kids help themselves to all my stuff. Trent and I have decided not to invest in anything really nice or expensive...until they are 18 and out of our house at least! :)

Olivia said...

Sending hugs and maybe a nice stack of recycled paper! Head to your local newspaper and ask if you can buy an "end of the roll". My paper sells them for about $3 and there is more paper than my kids, both of their scout troops and the art room can use!

Malisa said...

I'm so sorry, but it is so funny!

My favorite was when I was watching a neighbor boy and he wrote his name on my wall. There's no getting away with that! His parents knew I was telling the truth.

Oh, also, one of my boys once decided to label the walls next to all of the light switches with an 8. I never knew why. A few of them are still there.

Jen Guthrie said...

oh Eden how I love your family and that we are similar in many many ways-if I had a dollar for everytime I tell my own children that they do not own nor do they pay for these things they feel entitled to! But your kids can come and doodle on my things anytime...and I would love to read the thoughts of Clay as he is quite the thinker!

ma said...

lovin it...now it's it your time to cherish...remember only 99 years to live!

Related Posts with Thumbnails