
They're gone. I actually gave them away. The Hubby is now in possession of the credit cards. I have found that the majority of the bizarre, yet entertaining happenings of my day occur when I am out and about making unnecessary purchases on the cards. I guess that is why there hasn't been much activity on the blog. Really, it is more of a relief than anything. That $19 dollar shirt on the clearance rack at Target eventually cost $39 after I finally take the tags off and pay for it. The cards were stolen twice last year. Once they paid for doctor visits and food from a market in upstate NY that I couldn't even pronounce. The other time, they somehow got the card number from my PayPal account off eBay. Did they think I really wanted to pay for their baby's medications? I just dropped a couple hundred yesterday for my own sick kids breathing meds. The nerve!!! I have now begun the cash/envelope system. It is going to be a rude awakening, but I think I good one. When I sat down and did the budget, I began to realize just how much I spent on "stuff" without even thinking about it. When you open the mail to find out how the 401K has gone "adios", it really puts things into perspective. I guess now that I am running around less, it will open up countless hours for me to do other things with my time. Exercise? I think not. Clean? Who am I kidding. Facebook? A waste of time addiction. Maybe it's time to put some of those New Years Resolutions to work....ugh, that means I due to shave my legs!
P.S. I big Holy Cow shout out to my sis, who is off the Diet Coke. Day three is one of the toughest, but you are doing a great job. 22 years of having one every single day is a hard habit to break. She is ON the wagon, unfortunately, I fell OFF. I can only do one habit at a time. Credit cards OFF, Diet Coke ON. I'm proud of you sis!! xoxo
Thursday, February 5, 2009
No Credit Cards=Boring Posts
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 6:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
EDEN:
SO PROUD OF YOU!! I GAVE UP THE DEBIT CARD...THAT WAS MY FIRST STEP.
NOW YOU ALL MUST JOIN MY COMPANY
http://www.fhtmus.com/ANNLADEMANN
I start the group in NY on Feb. 22nd. You can all join and IT WILL change your financial positions immediately!!!
GO FOR IT!
UNTIL THEN, STILL OFF THE WAGON AND ON MY CHICK-FIL-A ICED TEAS!!
ONE DAY AT A TIME.
LOVE AML
Post a Comment