Monday, February 16, 2009

Pack Your Bags


Pack your bags...we're moving to California!! Ok, maybe not, but if lady luck is on my side, we will be. This is the eleventh year I have entered HGTV's DreamHome Giveaway. Let's see, that makes over four hundred times I have entered my info in order to win. I used to be ready just in case they rang my doorbell with flowers and well wishes. You have to look good, if they are going to appear at my door. Must have on mascara and lipstick. Hair must be freshly coiffed, and I always had on a bra. They never came. Instead, changing the order of event by announcing three finalist to fly out to the studios for a fake key turning ceremony. Only three more days are left to enter. I thought this was an appropriate amount of time to blog about it...I couldn't have you all clicking over to their website to enter daily, thus lessening my chances of moving to Cali!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

California here we come! I will be glad to come to Cal to babysit. The home is beautiful and looks just right for the young Perry clan. Good luck!

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

I may enter 10000 times just so you can't move further away!!

But I then thought about it and chances are, they'd ring the bell, Sis would be hanging on your leg and you'd have crayola paint on you and some vegan thing smelling up the kitchen.

So I got myself an iced tea and am all calm now.

LOVE AML

ma said...

forget this one...no way r u mvin! short term memory, all the bootiful people live there, but then again AML and I could enjoy the vino you would ship back to us.

Malisa said...

What is so special about California? :)

Jen Guthrie said...

You can't afford California....no one can...even with a free house...have you not watched your cnn or fox news you political savy girl you! Plus Kai reminds me almost daily that Cali is going to fall off into the ocean...global warmning and earthquakes..and all that why did we have to leave nc stuff...drama! But if you'll be closer to me (an original-born in that state girl) then HEEEE HAWWWW come on down and we'll turn Cali into a southern state and show them how you can wave at anyone you see...it's o.k. to smile and not be rushing on your way...and the "me first" attitude just doesn't work...and it's 50cent not 50 centSSSS!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis...tried to move once to California. Had the job, the apartment...and then the "guilt"! I still dream of it and wonder what if... I'd be thrilled if someone in the family moved West so I'd have a reason to travel. Good Luck!

Cam

Beckie said...

We would love for you to move to California. We could drive down the road and come visit you during our dark, rainy days. Then you could drive up the road to see us during the too hot days of California and enjoy the bluest skies you have ever seen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails