
We were having a wonderful evening. Everyone was on the mend and we decided to go out for dinner, a feat seldom accomplished. On the way home, our conversation turned to flatulence. I mean, what else were you expecting! CEP began to laugh and mentioned a time I took his picture in a cornfield at sunset as he was doing..well, I promised to never talk about it again, but he was doing his business. Ok, that was the last time I will ever mention it. No, it wasn't some weird sicko pic, it was just a profile of his face. The way the sun hit this hair was almost magical. You never know when you will see inspiration...this one just happened to occur on a road side potty break. We all laughed about the memory and then the wailing began. He began to scream that I was making fun of him. "Why, mommy?" "Why would you make fun of me?" The wailing continued until we got home...I turned up the radio to drown out the sobs. After "family counsel hour" where CEP told me he didn't think he could forgive me and that he was going to cry every day until he died about this incident, I told him that we had dedicated enough time out of the evening to this subject. I was sorry and asked for his forgiveness. He hugged me and said he was okay. We got on our pj's and turned on a movie to end the day. CEP turned around with tears rolling down his cheeks and said, "Momma, I promise to never make fun of you either until the day I die." "I promise you the same thing, CEP." That was a promise I made to a broken heart.
Friday, February 27, 2009
A Promise Made To A Broken Heart
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
E:
Wonder where his dramatics come from???
Hmmmmmmmmmm, let's all just wonder?
XOXOX
AML
Funny on turning up the music in a car to drown out a child's whining or crying!!! I thought I was the only one who did this when I can't take it anymore!!!! LOL
amazing isn't it? no matter how old we are in years that the feelings we hide deep inside ....surface when mentioned or talked about. you can never take those words back or make those moments go away. Being sensitive is a good thing and being able to apologize is even better!
Post a Comment