
You would have thought the AMEX card was his right arm. If I am lucky enough, the hubby will place it in my possession for a mere second to make a purchase and then it is whisked right out of my hand and placed back into the wallet. He returned home from an overseas trip last week and sent my sis and I to pick up dinner. He handed over the "beauty" and gave specific instructions not to go over X amount of moola for dinner. We returned home food in tow, and in the excitement of it all, the card remained in my wallet. (I have the George Costanza wallet...receipts, card, trash stuffed in it). Many times throughout the week I saw the "beauty" next to my other cards and thought to myself that I really needed to give it back to him. Little to no thought was put into actually retrieving the card and handing it back. I simply forgot. The problem is, this isn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third.
The Hubby left for another trip for a week and as I got my other card out to pay for pizza delivery..I'm such a rebel :)I realized that the "beauty" was still in my wallet. There he was over the Atlantic and his card was in my wallet. I finally got a hold of him and delivered the bad news with a sincere apology and we hung up. Today I spoke to him and he let out a little laugh and had to tell me the story. He told me he had called AMEX to see what they could do to help, and they informed him that there was an AMEX office in Brussels. So, he got an GPS and jumped into the car and headed to the office to pick up the new "beauty" that was waiting. The point of this story is that, when things seem like they won't get better, sometimes you truly just have to make the best of the situation. In doing so, your eyes may be open to experiences and events that you would have missed otherwise. The Hubby said that he really enjoyed the drive to the office and that he saw parts of the country that he had never seen, and wouldn't have had I not had the card. In the end, it wasn't so bad.
How many times do we make a big deal or get upset of such silly things? I know I do all the time. Like last weekend, when the McD's drive-thru lady tried to give my sis a can DC because the fountain was broken. I went in and asked for my money back. We could have gotten upset, but we laughed about it and relished in the fact that we can tell the difference between can and fountain. In the end, we are sometimes placed in predicaments or situations that may not make sense to us at the time, but in the end the plan is being executed as according to plan. So, don't sweat the small stuff. Find something good, even in the form of a missing AMEX card or can DC.
Monday, November 10, 2008
The Case of The AMEX Card
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WELL SAID!!! thanks. and such a cute picture up top!
New new pedi-egg may have just replaced the old woman's favorite old toy we had to hide in our closets from our mothers!!
Thanks for the Tip.
xoxox
aml
Post a Comment