
I didn't sleep well last night. I could feel the anxiety from the past months building up inside my body. How many more political discussions and debates could I endure? How many more ads and signs could I look at as I ran errands around town? How many shows or magazines could I watch or read without seeing some sort of political rhetoric? I think my mind had a riot last night, because I woke up with a terrible headache. Those who know me know my headaches aren't typical headaches. We are talking horrific pain that totally consumes my whole body. Why today, I asked myself? I took some medication and waited for CVH to come and watch the kiddos so I could go vote. I got up and went to the polling place(which happens to be a church...how ironic for the separation of church & state...how cool at the same time). I walked right in and voted for my candidates, tax levys to support a proposed casino, a science museum, cash advance stores, etc. As I walked out, I felt invigorated. All of the time and stress that had consumed my mind seemed to be lifted off my shoulders. I did all that I could. I did what I felt was best for our country. I did what I felt was best for my family, my children, for me. Those around me were doing the same.
We all have different ideas of what is best for us as individuals. While some based their vote on economic issues, others on proposed legislation, I based mine on which candidate represented to values and morals that I want to see remain prevalent in our society. I prayed about it(extensively) and while many I know and love scoffed at this idea, it made perfect sense to me. While I cast my vote, in the end the decision has already been made. I truly believe God will protect our country as long as we don't fall prey to the very things that can destroy us. I prayed for both candidates....win or lose. Either one has the difficult task and responsibility of restoring this country of ours in many ways. The division that had occurred over the past few years must be mended in order for us to move forward. We have to come together despite race, religion, sex, demographic, etc. If we fail to so, we are in jeopardy of creating a country where our children will not be able to sustain peace among themselves.
So, as the results roll in this evening, you won't catch me worrying. It's going to be dinner with the family and a good ole' fashion game of Uno.(tnx CVH for the suggestion). I'm getting back to what's important in life. Go ahead, choose for yourself what you are going to do with your time this evening. Have fun and enjoy yourself. In the morning, you will wake up and put your pants on one leg at a time just like you do everyday. You will go to work, have lunch, go to school or even get a big ole' Caribou smoothie. Life goes on.....it's up to you to make it special!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Today
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Here! Here! Lil' Sis...way to rally for all of us! Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new chapter, a good chapter! Don't you worry about a thing. We are so blessed!
Love,
Biggest Sis
That's it Eden:
As you always tel me
Just "Put your Big Girl Panties on and Deal With it"
Well I wasn't going to vote at all today, but after much coaxing I did, I'll drink my decaf tea, watch the results and pray....
God help us all for a good result!!
aml
Amen Sister...and I literally mean that Sister...we're all in this together and with the man above!
Where was everyone? I voted alone in my precinct today, but I had worried about the longggg lines I had heard about in the media. Forget the MEDIA! I voted for the best person I felt who would give me a good nights sleep.
Now it's to bed before the last count is in. Sleep tight all....
you have an amazing way with words...
it is up to you to make it special. with all that is going on i thought that was an incredible powerful statement. so simple yet so true!
i love reading your words. they continue to inspire me.
thank you my dear blog friend!
Fantastic thoughts. Were you pleased with the outcome? I was. I'm just so glad all the hullabaloo is over with.
I read your letter to Caribou Coffee--made me laugh. I'm in the process of writing one to L.L. Bean because they don't carry clogs (or any shoes!) in a size 5 and it's discrimination against small people. (if you can't tell from my blog, I'm kind of a "small" person). You go girl.
i'm out of hiding, is it safe?
Post a Comment