Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Little Lady That Stole My Heart


The little lady that stole my heart goes by the name Sis Margaret(aka "sissy go to the market"). I don't believe I have ever been so enamoured with a person like I am her. The past few weeks she has grown up so much. No longer a baby but rather a toddler who is quickly becoming a little girl. This week she began waking down the stairs with standing up without holding on to the banister. She now throws full on temper tantrums in stores yelling and screaming. I swiftly swoop her up and carry her out with out batting an eyelash. Oh, how I love my two boys...don't get me wrong. Yet, there is something about my little red-head, blue eyed, little girl who can make me laugh and then make me cry all in the same breath. I think of the many who I have met in the last year who have lost a young child. I cannot fathom the pain and raw emotion that they have and will continue to experience. They have "faith" in so many ways, especially that they too will be reunited with their angels in Heaven. How incredible is their strength....Miss Molly :)It is through these women that I have found myself looking at motherhood with a whole new set of eyes. It is as if I am seeing my children again for the very first time. I am less likely to raise my voice, become exasperated, or push their wants aside while I take care of business. I hold them close a little longer, taking in such joy watching them grow up. I have also been reminded that while I gave birth to these babies and am responsible for raising them up in the Lord, they are not mine. They belong to God. What a wonderful life..to be a child. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be their mother. To teach, to nurture, to let go.....that is my job...and what a wonderful job it is.

1 comments:

ma said...

Ah yes...words of wisdom, just look at earlier pics of Sarah Margaret when you first blogged and life changed again and again and again....keep holding on for memories will always be in your heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails