Friday, November 21, 2008

A Tale of The Trips & The Suitcase


I really don't want to do this alone...raising three kids, that is. This is what I told the Hubby last week. I am tired and in need of a little mini va-cay. He told me that is what Thanksgiving is for. HA! He finally is back home tonight with the exception of one more trip before Christmas. I know it is my job as a mom, but sometimes you just need that other person to bounce ideas off of or rather vent and complain about the sneaky things the kids did or said. Hopefully this will be it until after the first of the year. Until then, the battle of the suitcase begins again.

I am living in an Everyone Loves Raymond episode. You may recall the one(one of my faves, too) where Debra and Ray participate in the battle of wills as they walk past the suitcase on the stairs, each waiting on the other to put it away. A test of wills perhaps, but here in my home I believe it is just plain laziness. Two suitcases occupy the floor of my bathroom. Ready to be packed at a moments notice if a call comes in for another trip. The closet is less than two feet away in which they can be stored, but for some reason neither one of us is willing to budge. Maybe after he reads this post, we will finally reach a resolution. Until then, I am thinking of what I may pack for my little personal mini va-cay...the suitcase awaits!

5 comments:

LL said...

I feel for you. My husband use to travel a LOT. It's rough. Good luck. And the episode of Raymond, HILARIOUS...i loved that one. It's so true!
Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Definitely pick up the suitcases...they clash with your mauve floors, your calla lily accent tile, and your bright brass shower surround... you may want to put your clothes away while you're at it...

Love, "Designer" Big Sis

Bountiful Blessings said...

Designer Sis,
Yes, you may travel to exotic locales to design for royalty, but you haven't given your little sis any help with this outdated home in lovely Toledo. Don't knock the calla lilies, you said they were "high end". The brass surround will cost over 2 grand to replace..not in the budget. Remember, green carpet a must! XO

ma said...

whoa....wait a minute, I sent you a pic of the badddd replacement shower head for way too short people and you said I should be happy to have hot water....well darlin' your sweet husband came home.......

Olivia said...

Whenever you need to vent about too-long trips, do write me, or go to my website(via Facebook) and my number is posted. I know all too well about being single parent courtesy of the Army. We've had a 15 month deployment and a 13 month one, plus all the times he's been gone before and between. I think we figured that in the 8 years we've been married we've spent 3 together. And that's probably being generous.

Take comfort in this--God NEVER gives us more than we can handle. While there are many frustrations in doing it yourself, you can do it. You will learn amazing things about yourself.

You deserve a day at the spa after all the single mom time you put in. My day was given as a complete surprise to me and I treasured the 3 hours away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails