Thursday, June 26, 2008

Don't Get Lost in the Chaos!


If you are anything like me, the day ends with a loud sigh and a wondering thought of, "what did I exactly accomplish today"! I try in vain to get the laundry done, the kids bathed and fed something that resembles three balanced meals and a shower for myself. This all done by 7 as Trav walks in the door and I great him in my best clothes, hair done and full face of makeup. Ok, it actually goes something like this...Trav walks in and I am still unshowered, smelly, and I'm pawning the kids off on him as I watch the water boiling for mac and cheese...again. You might ask what my point is....there is something missing from the day. That important thing is "my" time. I truly believe that I can be more focused and content throughout the day if I begin it on the right note. Even if I have to wake up twenty minutes earlier than the kids, I can have that twenty minutes to myself. Try it...take the time to meditate, pray, read scripture, or just enjoy a cup of coffee on the porch...alone. I guarantee you will feel a little more capable of taking on the days tasks.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails