
Many of you know I am a news junkie. Sometimes I find it draining, but I always learn from some of the stories that I read. This week heads of state met in Rome to discuss the world food crisis. They are trying to combat the soaring prices of everything from wheat to dairy products. The UN World Food Program(WFP)said global food prices rose 40% in 2007 while the price of wheat has risen 180% since 2006(according to the World Bank) That being said, I came across a really cool website where you can become smarter and help the food crisis. I have to admit, I was stumped at first, but at least I'm not looking at People or TMZ all day. You can go to www.freerice.com and check out your vocabulary skills. For every multiple choice question you get correct, Free Rice and their sponsors will donate 20 grains of rice. So, grab your dictionary and thesaurus and help feed the world.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
White, Brown or Fried..Give Rice. Help End Hunger!
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment