Is wishing yourself a Happy Birthday vain? I think not! Everyone should be happy on their birthday. I always despised having my birthday around a holiday, yet I even did it to my oldest, for his b-day is New Years Eve. This year, I expected a nice and relaxing day(and still do) although the day didn't quite begin as I had expected. The Hubby's alarm went off really early this am and I thought he just had to take a business call. He never came back to bed, so I figured he was on the treadmill in the basement. Sis came in the room and crawled in bed with me and we spent a good amount of time reading books and snuggling. The boys brought in the cards they had made and I found one The Hubby had left on the vanity. Snow was falling outside, I was happy & it was finally going to be the birthday I have always wanted. The basement lights were off, The Hubby's car was gone and silence filled the house. "I really want breakfast," the boys said. "Momma, I'm wet and I want juice," Sis cried. Maybe he went to get me fresh cranberry scones and a latte for me. "Uh, mom, dad told me he was going to work today," said JWP. My heart sank...and the tears flowed. You know when you build something up so grand and then it doesn't quite turn out as you had planned? This is how I felt. (The Hubby swears he told me he was going in, but I truly don't recall anything of the sorts.) Today, I'm going to do what I would do any other day. No pouting allowed! I'm getting dressed, going to get my own latte, taking the kids to buy party favors for JWP's party and the to lunch with three of the funniest and craziest kids. I already got my own b-day present as you can see from the pic below...it's never to early to start, eh?
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Happy Birthday, To Me??
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're cute, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Good for you to not pout, it's your party you have every right.
My heart sank for you when I read about the hubby going to work...I ALWAYS build things up, then end up MAD at the innocent people who didn't live up to my fantasy. :)
Hope you ended up having a nice day.
Enjoy!
Happy (belated) Birthday. I think it's great to be mindful of your own birthday. We work hard for it. My mom's birthday is Christmas Eve. It's always been a little tricky.
Ah.....my expectations. One of the greatest lessons of life is not to expect something great and wonderful happening...instead have a plan for a shopping trip for you and then the latte topped off with your best friends....your very own kids! Remember we all create our own "joy". Joy is never delivered on a silver platter. I'm the queen of anniversaries at Taco Bell!
Eden why does Ma always say it the best!!
Here's to fulfilling/building our own dreams....
xoxo
aml
Post a Comment