Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Letter


I worked retail most of my teen and college age years. I distinctly remember while going through training that we were to specifically say, "Happy Holidays" to our customers so as to not offend anyone. This time of year, I struggle with trying to be politically correct while not compromising my own beliefs. I struggled with it until I received a letter today. Here is what it said....

My Dearest Eden,

It is okay to say Merry Christmas. I actually miss hearing people say it.

Love,
Jesus

May we all reflect on what this season is really all about. Emanuel...God With Us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS JESUS STILL USING "SNAIL MAIL"?

XOXOXO

LL said...

Love this! We need more reminders of the reason we celebrate.
I love to hear people say Merry Christmas!

ANN LADEMANN said...

E & Cameron:

That was the laugh I needed thanks...snail mail for Jesus.

I got yelled out today from Gregory he told me I was a horrible mom for volunteering him to put the christmas trees on the alter of the church???

Do you think kids forget what this season is all about???

I think i'm revolting and taking them all to THE COVE January 1st.
I think I'm doing something wrong.

By the way I say Merry Christmas to them all, if they don't like it Eden, they can ignore me.

Rock on.
aml

Related Posts with Thumbnails