Sometimes I wonder why I try. Have you ever felt this way as a mom, an individual, as a friend? This weekend, I took the younger two to a Christmas display to view lights and holiday cheer. Let's just say, CEP was less than thrilled(can you tell from his expression). He whined, I got grumpy, Sis Margaret wailed...less than cheerful. I took them out kicking and screaming and decided everyone needed an eggnog milkshake and fry. As we sat in the parking lot eating a scrumptious little snack watching the snow fall down, a man approached the car asking me to roll down the window. I refused and sent him sauntering away with a wave of my fry. As CEP questioned what he wanted and why I didn't roll down my window, I struggled to answer his question. While not wanting to cause him alarm by telling him all the reasons why I didn't, I wanted to be honest that you never truly know someones intentions (this incident made me very grumpy...why would someone approach a woman in a minivan with her kids in the front seat eating). I felt very uneasy and vulnerable after this incident. I am always cautious when it comes to things like this, but I really was caught off guard. In the end, I realized that I bothered to take the kids there to try and make a memory. I wasn't about to let another persons actions ruin my plans or cause anxiety.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sometimes I Wonder
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 4:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
BUDDY:
MY TRIPLET GIRLS BEGGED ME TO GO TO THE MALL AND SPEND THEIR GIFT CARDS THEIR AUNT AND UNCLE GAVE THEM FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN WE WENT TO KENTUCKY FOR THANKSGIVING.... SOOO! I
WENT TO THE MALL TODAY AND LOST JACKIE FOR AN 1 1/2 WITH HER BUDDY JACKIE G {FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW ME THEY ARE BOTH 10 1/2}. WHEN THE POLICE ASKED ME WHAT THEY HAD ON I TOLD HIM I COULDN'T REMEMBER, THEN HE ASKED ME IF WE HAD A PLAN WHERE TO MEET IF WE GOT LOST??? I SAID NO. THEN HE ASKED IF SHE KNEW MY CELL PHONE, I HAD TO TELL HIM, I LEFT IT HOME.....AFTER ALMOST TWO HOURS, SHE DID FIND ME!! THANK THE LORD,
SO, ALL I'M SAYING IS, ALTHOUGH THE SONG SAYS ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR, I HAD TO COME HOME AND HAVE A BOTTLE OF WINE and WONDER? SOMETIMES ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT?
LET'S GO TO BED PUT OUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON TAKE A YOGA BREATH AND DO BETTER TOMORROW
LOVE AML
Post a Comment