Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Little Bit of This & That

A potpourri of random pics for your viewing pleasure!




An outdoor mall is not my idea of fun when you live in northwest Ohio. Who thought of this idea? Must have been the same person who builds houses without large closets for storage. Must be a man! (I want this ornament for the front yard next year!)


We have a wonderful little studio in town(we aren't called the "Glass City" for nothing)where the boys each made ornaments. Originally they were grandparent gifts, but I can't bring myself to part with them. Sorry, Ma & Nana!


CEP came walking in the door from the school bus today carrying this beer can. Someone had thrown it in the wooded lot next door and he brought it home to me. "I'm cleaning up the Earth, mom!" I did question him if he tried to drink it. Suddenly I saw him as an 18 year old college student trying to rush a frat. "Call your brother, not me" will be my mantra. UGH!


My collection of antique ornaments finally made their appearance this year after a leave of absence. Love the old string on the one in front. I amaze myself sometimes that I am really trying to take steps to conquer my ocd's.(old things and I don't get along)


The silver deer that my mom gave me this year makes me happy. It adorned the center of the table I decorated for my Women's Celebration and made its way home to take its place on the dining room table.


Blog Buddy, Ll, should be getting her package from me this week. She was the winner of my little blog giveaway. While I don't give away diamonds, cameras or burp cloths like some other blogs, I still had fun(keep in mind my blog is low budget!) She is getting a little basket with a candle, note paper, beverage napkins and coasters, an ornament and reindeer food for the kiddos to enjoy spreading over the lawn. Be sure to enter next months giveaway for your chance to receive a gift from moi!

The snow is lightly falling this evening. While The Hubby works late tonight, I hope to get the kiddos in bed a little early and enjoy a little reading. Wish me luck..I may have a five year old who is hungover while at kindergarten tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing your family with all of us! I can't wait to see you guys next week. You all are my life's greatest blessing!

xoxox,

Big Sis

Malisa said...

There's an outdoor mall here in Salt Lake too. I have been there at some pretty chilly times.

I love the glass ornaments and oh, how I would love a room full of just closets...and a pantry.

The old ornaments are very cool. Having a few antique items around can be stylin' and unassuming.

Carolina Family said...

Love the pictures of the kids w/ the tree. It is beautiful. Miss you soooo much during this season! The glass ornaments are beautiful too. I wouldn't part them with them either! And hey...don't knock a room full of storage..I'd give my garage to have a room dedicated to storage! Love you guys!

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

I turned on your blog page, watched the photos and cried!! I love each photo!! I love them all....wish I was there for the holiday!!

Can't wait for the kiddies to get off the bus to see the photos keep them coming!
AML

the roe family said...

is that a little snow village in your cake stand? i love that eden. what a clever idea. and the antique bulbs. i just started collecting such last year. not nearly enough for a gorgeous display such as yours. maybe in a couple of years.

Jen Guthrie said...

just give CEP rootbeer and let him think that is naughty and to stay away from the real stuff (mormon girl advice of course) I would send you pics of my home but you would find only and tree and stockings hung...quite a different scene from "home" that used to be mine...love and miss you

Related Posts with Thumbnails