
This time of the holiday season is difficult for me. While I love Christmas, the next few days, no matter how beautiful in thought, are difficult for me emotionally. Tomorrow is the birthday of my dear friend, Lee. She would have turned 47 this year. I have written about her before, yet certain dates always stir up emotions. Her birthday is the 18th, mine is the 23rd, she passed away on the 24th, and Christmas is the 25th. It is as if my emotions are all just fighting in my mind to figure out what comes first. Happy, sad, elated, guilt, anger, blessed, spiritual, denial...they all are making a place for themselves. I truly believe that the time of my life that I was with her was written just for me. Yet, I also wonder when the guilt, sadness and questions will leave. I don't like to talk about her or the stories anymore. I don't believe that things get any easier with time...perhaps, they just get harder. Now that I have moved, who is there to visit her grave? Who is there to take their children to the cemetery to tell her story? Her life is still very much alive in our home. She is very much a part of my childrens lives, just as if she just got in her car and drove off. So, what do we do to keep someones memory alive? I sit looking at her nativity as I write this post, and I can't help but reminisce about only the good times. The coffee mug, the wreath, the big wheel, my pots & pans, the watch...all gifts given from her. This year, I wonder what I would have given her...my last gift to her were porcelain egg cups and a tea pot. I'm not sure where those things are now..probably sold at auction. Regardless of their place, I hope whoever is using them thinks of the person to whom they once belonged. Everyone has a story...a legacy. How do you want to be remembered? Blessing & love to all. -E
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
This Season
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 12:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i know how i want to be remembered and i have a feeling you do as well. i am sure lee is still giving thanks for the memories ofyou that she has taken with her. i will be thinking of you. i can only imagien how hard it must be.
Keep your memories alive... we all do in our hearts and souls. The good and the sad, Lee gave to so many us and as I drink my coffee this morning from one of her beautiful mugs...I think of her and I know she is smiling. Happy Birthday Lee!
EDEN:
I DELAYED TURNING ON YOUR BLOG THIS A.M. I KNEW IT WOULD BE ABOUT LEE AND YOU AND I BOTH ARE A MESS ABOUT IT STILL, BUT, AS USUAL, MA IS RIGHT, I COULD GO ON FOR PAGES, FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO READ YOUR BLOG THAT ARE NEW TO THE WORLD OF EDEN AND THE GOOD THAT YOU PROVIDE TO THEIR LIVES EVERYDAY, THIS IS WHAT YOU GAVE TO LEE EVERYDAY BEING JUST A DOOR AWAY FROM HER, THEY HAVE NO IDEA, WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH WITH HER, AND HOW HARD ITW AS AND HOW HARD HER DEATH WAS ON ALL OF US, WILL TIME HEAL??? WHO KNOWS, ALL I KNOWS IS WE HAVE TO KEEP HER MEMORY ALIVE, BY THE GOOD STORIES, THE FUNNY STORIES, THE GOOD TIMES, AND CREATIVE SOME GOOD MEMORIES FOR OUR CHILDREN AS YOU'VE JUST ENCOURAGED ME TO DO!!
SO I'M GOING TO PUT MY BIG GIRL PANTIES ON GIRLS [THEY ARE GETTING BIGGER BY THE DAY WEIGHT WATCHERS STARTS JAN. 1ST WITH LORI PRATT GOD HELP ME] AND MAKE TODAY THE BEST IT CAN BE TO LEE JOAN SIMMS!!
AMEN
ANN IN 115 CLOISTER LANE
THANK YOU TO THE PERRY, ZENTZ FAMILY
Eden,
You are such a loving wonderful human being and Lee was truly blessed to have you and your family next door in the last difficult years of her life. The love and compassion that you and Ann gave her is not something that many of us are capable of doing...
Here's to the two of you and your beautiful families!
Big Sis
Post a Comment