What? He's isn't following his campaign promises? Here's to all the change, hope and the renewal of America, he promised. Get ready for a wild and bumpy ride, my friends. (can you tell I'm having a few problems with the some of the appointments and bills that have been signed into legislation recently) I usually don't like to post commentaries (from CNN, no less) but thought I would never hear this sentiment from Campbell Brown.
CNN's Campbell Brown says the new treasury secretary wants to hire a former lobbyist as a top aide.
(CNN) -- Unfortunately, we are again asking the president to explain why exactly he announced, with great fanfare, new ethics rules if he had no intention of abiding by them.
The Obama administration is yet again asking for a waiver to its very own rules about hiring lobbyists.
This time, it is the new treasury secretary, Tim Geithner. He wants a former lobbyist for Goldman Sachs to be his top aide at the Treasury Department.
My view is simple: Mr. President, if you want to hire former lobbyists because you think they are the best people to do the job, then hire former lobbyists. Just don't hold a big news conference first to tell us how your administration is going to be so different from previous administrations in that you won't be hiring lobbyists.
Don't make your disdain for lobbyists and your pledges that they won't wield influence in your administration a centerpiece of your campaign.
It's the hypocrisy and the double-talk that makes so many of us so cynical. Do what you think is best for the country. Just be straight with us about how you're going to do it.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Campbell Brown, Really?
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 6:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Eden, I have some thoughts for you on several different subjects.
1. Your most recent post on lobbyists, etal; I am in total agreement with you on this post and politically in general. Greg was told to become a lobbyist is to ruin your career.
2. I understand your concern about your privacy on the other I look at your blog every day as it makes my day. I laugh with you, empathize with you and feel like I am getting to really know you. I would be terribly sad if you stopped your blog but at the same time I would totally understand.
3. My goodness is that a picture of the entire Perry family in one shot? I love it - can you send me the file, I will have it printed, framed and hung on my wall of family pictures!
I am challenged DAILY as a Christian to pray for and support this president and his ideals that appear will take our country in the wrong direction!! I try to do this b/c God's plan must involve him somehow, but that is hard to comprehend. :)
EDEN:
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "ITS POLITICS" don't get that topic going or you'll get Ma totally aggravated.
I'm no longer reading your blog until my girls picture is fixed, this is an official Ann Margot Lademann removal of blog reading. Notify me at my home number when its fixed, I am officially off the blog under protest!! I want my girl to look like the smiley angel that brings joy into EVERYONE'S HEARTS everyday!!
Oh by the way Jackie dropped my cell into the sink, so I'll be off my phone for 48 hrs.
XOXOX
BY FOLKS
Post a Comment