
Why is it that at the beginning of every new year, we make resolutions to make changes in our lives? Why can't we just make changes right when we think of them. A new year doesn't necessarily up the odds of success. This year, I am making a few resolutions. My "old-school" mentality hasn't worked so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and put forth a good ole' effort. Here is my list:
1) to finally stop my farewell feast. Exercise is now a must.
2) to once again pick up a paintbrush and enjoy being creative
3) to write more letters. The art of letter writing has fallen by the way-side :(
4) to shave my legs everyday
5) to answer my phone...i hate the phone
6) to recapture the joy I find in reading. History books are now my love
7) to spend a little less time on the computer
8) to get sis-margaret out of our bed (i can do it)
9) to continue to limit my caffeine consumption
10) to fully adopt the "want v.s. need" mentality. consumption crackdown
11) to finally realize that I can't change others; only myself
12) to be sincere in all I say and do
13) to get dressed, do my hair & makeup and attempt to look decent
14) to share God's love
15) to criticize and nag less. ugh!
16) to give more of myself and my time to help others in need
17) to make it to Florida to see my big sis..spring break?
18) to become less dependant on mayo, butter, ketchup..etc.
19) to find a new neurologist & dermatologist asap
I could go on and on...maybe I will try and concentrate on a few at a time. Good luck in keeping your resolutions and may you have a wonderful new year. 
Thursday, January 1, 2009
A New Year..A New You
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 5:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
EDEN:
Love all those resolutions, I'm with you on all of them, and add a No. 20 on for me
TO GET MY WELL OVER DUE MAMMOGRAM!! IN MEMORY OF MY BEST FRIEND I LOST TO BREAST CANCER WHEN I was 29. So for you and all your blogger buddies, add that one to your list, I'm 8 months overdue on it!! I'm doing it Monday.
xoxo
Enjoy the day, create a fun family memory.
love aml
good goals...
I hate the phone too, I would never resolve to answer it :)
Have a great New Year...all year long!
My Favorite is #17!!!!! Plan now so I can get ready for a Perry invasion! Everest here you come!
Big Sis
Forget #8....poor Sis Margaret...how could you do that to my girl? Your 2 1/2 years too late!
P.S. You'll never conquer Everest as well as I did!!! I'll own you..Game on!
Big Sis #2
I'm all for #17! Everest is going to make your eyeballs pop out of your head -- then, you won't even be able to see any food so, #'s 1, 9, and 18 will be a lot easier!!! Woo-hoo!
Post a Comment