Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Bow My Will


Have you ever been in a situation where as hard as you try, you feel as if you don't have a clue as to how to solve it? Many times I find myself having such anger, resentment, guilt, and confusion as I try and understand why in the world God has put me in the predicament I am in. At this moment I am dealing with a personal situation where I have tried and tried to resolve the issue, but have failed. It wasn't until yesterday that I fully and truly turned it over to God. I bowed my will to him. I am currently studying this subject along with others and found that the answer was right in front of my face. I would scream out, "God, you have to tell me how to handle this." I felt like it was falling on deaf ears..yet, God's ears are never deaf to the cries of his children. God's will doesn't make sense to me right now, but I trust him and know that he loves me and wants what is best for me. The bible is full of examples of those who bowed their will to God. To me, the most powerful one is Abraham. How could a father have such powerful faith as he took his son Isaac to be sacrificed. While he showed great faith he also bowed his own will to that of God's. I am realizing slowly but surely that God is at the helm of my ship. He will in turn resolve these ugly feelings and thoughts I am having..as long as I have faith and bow my will to him. I have prayed this prayer and encourage you to do the same.
You, Holy God, see all the pieces of the puzzle of my life. And you love me. I trust you. I bow my will to you. You are better than I am. You are wiser than I am. You are more than I am. I bow before your plan and purpose.
-Satisfy My Thirsty Soul.

Many blessings to you today!

4 comments:

LL said...

GOOD FOR YOU! It can be so hard at times to turn it over to Him...but really, who better to help you in times of need!
Prayers and hugs to you!!!

Malisa said...

Very lovely post. I hope the best for you.

Anonymous said...

That is SO where I am right now...it was as if you put my thoughts in writing :) Struggling with this daily right now! I feel as though you(God) put this post on for me because I needed this more than ever....what a great reminder that could not be more timely!

ma said...

hmmm....yes God it's those people again, the ones that keep creeping back into my life,the ones next door,the ones I work with, all the ones determined to make me crazy. We (together)fixed this a few years back or was it a few months ago or was it just yesterday...anyway I just know that I can't do it without you and togther we can work miracles. So hang in there with me and again your grace will be sufficiant for all of us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails