Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Headbands & Headaches






This morning I woke up with a headache and decided that Sis and I wouldn't be going to music class. Instead I got a big ole' Coke and sat down to attempt to make some headbands. I'm really supposed to be cleaning out the basement but didn't feel like fighting with Sis over the giveaway toy pile. I was pleased with the results of the smaller headbands. I think the ribbon and flowers went well together and were proportionate in size. While I love the look of the larger flowers, when I tried them on, it looked like a growth coming out of the side of my head. It will take a very chic and daring woman to pull these off. Maybe on an Anthropologie model or hip teenager. The smaller ones are much more stylish and appropriate for the younger girls like my nieces and triplets. My lovely Long Island friend, AML has tried to get me to put headbands on Sis since the day she was born. I tried to explain to her that "southern girls" don't wear headbands until they are older...once they grow out of enormous bows. I think that may be one of my pet peeves. On some of these blogs and photography blogs, these women put these enormous flowers on the heads of these little girls. They look hilarious (sorry but they do). The headband and flower should be in proportion to the size of the child. Their heads aren't gardens..sorry if I offend. Let me know if you are interested in receiving one or two of the headbands and I will pass them along. Now that I got my daily dose of creativity, it's off to purge everything in the dungeon.

7 comments:

ma said...

Just send Sasha and Melia a couple of headbands for Spring and maybe...just maybe you will see them photographed wearing your stylish creations and then you will __________.(finish the sentence)

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:

As the Queen of Long Island [yes now Mooresville, N.C. and Sissys biggest fan of "put a headband on her Eden pleez"] let me clarify it didn't have to necessarily be a "Whole Garden" on her head, lol!!

I think the creations are lovely, and yes, YOUR triplets love headbands, so I will show them the photos and give you their comments and choices!! They are off to school already at 7:37 AMEN after 5 days off..................

I started Atkins today!! So all pray for me please, I really really need it

Anonymous said...

They are darling...too bad I have boys! However, I feel I must correct you on your sis's demographics....b/c if you've (against your better judgment) attached the OH license plate on your car, then I think it is official she'll be a northern girl(not a southern girl!) sorry to point this out :) She can always be a southern girl at heart, we parents can try to indoctrinate,right?! I'm swearing my boys will remain buckeyes growing up in TX- no easy task with this state's pride! ;)

LL said...

these. are. FABULOUS.
I wanna make some. Seriously, I love what you've done here.
Thanks for sharing your talent!

Malisa said...

Very cute headbands. I think I would attempt wearing one. I'm getting bolder as I get older. I just don't care as much I think.

I loved the post about your daughter's fit. (I know this comment should be under that one - oh well!) I took my Sarah to the store today and thought about you. She. was. not. good. What happened to my lovely daughter that sat in the cart? At that moment, I promised that I would not take her to the store again for a long time.

And BTW, I love the way you are so kind in your posts. They are a joy to read.

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:


A P.S. TO MY PRIOR POST ABOUT SISSY, MAYBE ITS THE BOW IN HER HEAD MAKING HER THROW THE TANTRUM???

JUST A THOUGHT???

XOXO
L.I. GIRL

Olivia said...

Love the headbands! I agree that the flowers should always be proportional. I have 2 that love to wear the headband and it's so hard to find them in the right size!

Related Posts with Thumbnails