
Thought the post title would catch you attention. Hope I'm not sharing too much info, but I don't want to be mistaken for a frigid woman(hee..hee, lerschfam) This is my life..the life of a migraine sufferer. Not tonight, tomorrow, next week, can't fix you lunch boys, "JWP, please get Sis some juice", cancelling plans, don't touch the wine, get nine or more hours of sleep, dark sunglasses, a close relationship to the pharmacist, walking pharmacy myself, could be rich if sold all my meds on the streets, always have barf bag with you, perfume=sick, it goes on and on and on! I have been suffering since I was 15 years old. I can remember my first attack like it was yesterday. It hit like a semi truck...the pain, the nausea, the room was spinning. From that moment, I have suffered. They say it is hereditary. My grandmother and mom suffer, but none of my three siblings do. I pray my children don't. Doctor after doctor, medication after medication, clinic after clinic...I had finally found some relief four years ago. I drove two hours to see the specialist in NC. Since we moved this past year, things have gotten worse. One of my New Years Resolutions was to find a new neurologist. I think I have! I will soon be traveling up to Ann Arbor to find some relief once again. This is very good news for me.
Let me go through childbirth without a working epidural, put a plate of nothing but fried chix gizzards in front of me, have the muffin mom muffin top remain until the day I die, or make me watch Larry King every night...anything but a migraine. The burn marks that scar my face as a result of a burning hot water bottle may be seen as attractive one day, right?? One word of advice, don't ever tell a migraine sufferer you have a headache. To all other migraine sufferers, I salute you!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Not Tonight, Honey...
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry you have to deal with migraines. My (much lesser) experience has helped me know how AWFUL they can be. I hope there's help in store for you!
you poor thing...I can't imagine!
I hope this new Dr. can help...
did the lack of coke make a difference?
Eden:
If you move back I will hold the bottle bag and feed the kids so you can sleep? Does this help Travis.............plz????
love aml
p.s. When you don't have the migraine try YOGA I heard it helps prevent them?
So sorry you are also a sufferer! I don't know what all you've tried med-wise and what you've eliminated from your diet, but I've got a list of things I have to avoid....Facebook me and I'll let you know!
I just saw this book recently and thought it looked very interesting.
http://www.amazon.com/Migraine-Brain-Breakthrough-Headaches-Better/dp/1416547681
Post a Comment