
I recently overheard someone telling another person that they needed help with something. The person replied, "Ask Eden, she never says no." Is it true? I began to wonder if I do spread myself a little too thin. As women, I think we all have this terrible habit of not being able to say "NO". Can you bring in cupcakes for the class party? Can you teach my class for me this weekend? Can you please call so-and-so about such-and-such? Can you please get this done before the deadline or squeeze this in before you go home today? I think I'm tired. I think I may even be tired from trying to think of a blog post for this past week. We do, cook, entertain & help out until our heads are spinning. It is often at our own expense. I don't want to fall into the "can't say no" trap anymore. I'm kicking back this weekend and hopefully I will be ready to go Monday.
Until then, kick back & relax..enjoy your weekend and feel empowered to say "NO"
btw...check back in early next week for February's edition of the Bountiful Blessing Giveaway. 
Friday, January 9, 2009
Can't Say No
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Eden, I totally understand the "not saying no" thing. For many years I never said no - then I attended a class that talked about this very subject. I learned that I can say "no" and it will be okay, no one will think less of you and you don't even have to give a reason for saying no. Take it a step further and take that same time you would have used for helping someone else and do something for Eden - YOU deserve it. As for not doing anything this weekend, every mother deserves a weekend like that especially after the holidays - so do it - "refreshing YOU" is a great present for your family!! Love, Beckie
EDEN:
I have said no twice since 2009 and it never felt BETTER!
You can always turn to me for blog ideas, I can't write them but I can nurture YOU ON!!
Enjoy your time!
love aml
Woe to all of us who continue to say yes...after attending classes on how to say no, suffering from sleepless nights and even suffering nervous breakdowns...won't we ever learn? Even our well meaning friends have learned to say no...but they refer us to all the opportunities out there that need to be done and they don't want to do....so my friends, say no at least once a day, to someone...your children, your spouse, another bakesale, another office position in charge of another something and all of your well meaning friends who think that you can do it so much better. Just say no, because I know!
i am one of those too...getting better at NO but it's still hard, I always feel bad.
You're BUSY. You have three little kids...take time for YOU!!!
I've found I go in seasons of doing too much and doing too little. Last school year I got myself WAY over involved because they simply needed the help. It has been hard to stick up for myself this year, but it's worth it. The PTA President's position is open, but I'm not even giving it a thought. Now I just need to make more of that time I reclaimed!
Post a Comment