Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Have You Seen The Muffin Mom..sing along...


There we were on a gloomy and cold day in a parent child music class. I loathe these classes but my children love them, therefore I suffer through the forty-five minute session planning where we can go eat lunch. Today, the kids sang, "have you seen the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man". My mind drifted off as to whether we would go healthy today or be naughty and eat anything and everything fried we could get our hands on. We began to sing and I couldn't help but notice I was changing the words to go like this, "have you seen the muffin mom, the muffin mom, the muffin mom". I think it was my subconscious telling me that my North Carolina farewell feeding feast tour has to come to an end. It has been seven months now since we moved and I'm still eating as if it has been weeks. I have always been an emotional eater, but never have I been a muffin mom until now. Who wouldn't want to be a muffin mom? We talk and joke about it as if its a bad thing. We all need that little extra stuff around our middles to add padding. Can you tell I'm trying to justify the love handles that aren't getting much lovin'? The kids poke at them, the stretch marks decorate them, Sarah likes to hide behind them, my underwear likes to dig into them. I can't stand it any longer. Fall has arrived. It's the first day of October. What perfect time for the "Stop Muffin Top" campaign to begin.. Maybe tomorrow is the day...for now I think I am going to make some blueberry muffins. I'm craving them for some odd reason.

10 comments:

ourgrowingfamily said...

hee,hee- i just made not a single batch but a double batch of pumpking chip muffins!! you must have been reading my mind.

lerschfam said...

I so understand!!!

Bountiful Blessings said...

lerschfam, welcome to my blog...finally! can u smell the sarcasm? Listen, make your mother really happy and create a blog of your own. your kids are too cute not to show them off. plus, you can always blog about your "fourth child" gigi and your equally adorable younger sister. XOXO

lerschfam said...

Hey Ed, thanks for the warm welcome. I only typed in 20 passwords till I found the magic one, so I can now support you in "Blog World".

LL said...

FUNNY!!! and so true, I am the muffin mom.
Hey. about the bird bath. My MIL just informed me that you can spread plain YOGURT on your bird bath and it will grow green moss on it. I thought that sounded like a great/fun idea. She did it to mine and it looks old, I love it.
Just thought I'd share.
give the pumpkin thing a try.

Bountiful Blessings said...

ll, tnx for for tip. My bird bath is a watering hole for mosquitos...i can't wait to try.

LAK said...

Wow!!! Awesome blog! Had lunch with your Mom today and she told me all about it...don't worry Allison...I never did a blog either! Although, they didn't have those in the "old days!" I love your music choices...John is a friend of Mike's! Caught up on all the kids...love you guys! Lois

Suzann said...

I wouldn't start the "Stop Muffin Top" campaign until at least the first of the year. Think of all the holiday treats you'll have to deny yourself. Allison's trifle????? Come on!

Jen Guthrie said...

i was going to go to bed and now i want muffins...cause if eden and the lersch family can eat them then dang it...so can i. if we don't eat muffins does that count towards the consumption crackdown? i just need to get back into blogging...so i live through you....and i really want a muffin...warm...blueberry with that cream cheese thing in the middle...come back to nc...i missed clay at the dinner table tonight and me and the fam startedt to ramble of "clay quotes" that he blessed our home with...sniff sniff...7 months ago...not fair!

ANN LADEMANN said...

We take you in Mooresville any way you are, skinny Eden, Fat Eden, sad Eden Happy Eden any which way!!! Just Come Back, obviously Toledo is NOT FOR YOU!!!!

"So put on your big girl panties and deal with it"!!!
AML & LAURI-ANN

Related Posts with Thumbnails