.jpg)
What is a true friend? I think I witnessed this last weekend when my parents had old friends over for dinner. Who are these people you may ask. Well, they are old friends who lived in our neighborhood when I was growing up. I spent so many days in their homes, in their yards, in their lives. They get together only a couple times a year, but the amazing thing is, it is as if time stood still. They have watched each others children grow up, get married, move away, have babies of their own. They have witnessed the tragedies of life with the passing of a grandchild or spouse. Yet, there seems to be a common bond, one of which I think is missing from our lives today. We don't reach out to those around us. We just give a wave to the neighbor as they pull in their driveway. We stay indoors in the comfort of our homes not needing the social network of those living closest to us. It is sad in a way..our lack of connectedness to others. This is why I long for relationships with those who I am physically closest to. So neighbors, if I run up to give you a hug and engage you in conversation, just go with it. I long to have the bond that I have witnessed from a earlier generation. A bond of true friends.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Longtime Friends
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that is a great post. friendships are amazing and the truest of friendships always seem to endure.
E:
Shows you how beautiful Ma and Pa are and the wonderful environment they raised you in. I think that's how your blog will look in 25 years?????
xoxox
aml
Post a Comment