Thursday, August 7, 2008

Please, I promise to never eat bacon again!


That was the start of my prayer today. I prayed to God that I would give up one of the only "non-vegetarian" things that I adore if he would please supply us with kind and normal neighbors. Our neighbors home just went under contact. You see, Trav and I have always had unique individuals that lived next to us. In Florida when we were newlyweds, we lived next door to "Sleezon Leon". We swore he filmed low-low budget X-rated movies in his home. Across the street was a mean old lady who I tried to rescue(literally) from her burning home while I was pregnant in the middle of the night. In Kentucky we lived next to a nice lady who lived alone with her son and three pit bulls. One day, a man with many tatoos and teeth bling showed up. When I asked who he was she replied, "my hudban". We nicknamed him "Thug" and a month later we had federal drug agents at our house asking question and conducting survelillance. Let's just say Thug went back to his "other" home. In NC we had dear Lee. I won't get into a lot of it..most of you know, but between spies, cameras watching our yard, spraypaint, the M-Ville police on speed-dial, it was a wild ride. So, as I prayed today, I didn't really feel that guilty. I just would like God to bring us nice, normal, sane individuals to live next door. For this, I will give up "meat candy"....BACON!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails