Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Someone will call you this evening, Mrs. Perry"


"I know better, I know better, I know better". This is the mantra I repeated as we pulled put of the local home improvement store. Here's the story. Sarah and ran errands this am while the boys were at school. Here is the rundown: McDonalds, Kmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Superwash Car Wash, Starbucks and Sears. By the time we got home I was spent and she was asleep. When the boys got home I just HAD to go to the home improvement store. Let me just tell you that the Perry kids never do well in these stores. We damage tractors, hide behind fridges, spank bottoms with the paint stirrers, etc. I know better! As I turned around to bribe the little miss with some candy, I heard a loud crash followed by a scream. There the oldest in the fam stood holding his bloody nose with a marble vanity top at his feet. They were horsing around admiring their grins in the mirrors when they leaned in a little too far. Employees came rushing from every which way in fear of what they would find. There we stood, Sis screaming for more candy, Clay commenting that they should have used stronger glue and Jack hyperventilating. I stood paralyzed with sweaty armpits and no bra or makeup looking like an irresponsible mother. After taking down our information to file an accident report, the manager said they would be calling. How can you tell if a little one has a broken nose?? Trav is out of town and the thought of the four of us at an urgent care in downtown Toledo doesn't sound like fun. "I know better" is now "never again!"

5 comments:

ma said...

Sweet daughter of mine.....I am so sorry. Remember...I never went to any store with of any of you. I went to the grocery store when your Dad came home from work alone, always alone. Again...I am so sorry.Love Mom

Jen Guthrie said...

I am only commenting here since you don't answer your phone in toledo! As Jake has broken my nose TWICE there is nothing you can do...except if it is crooked and they need to reset it...luckily my nose looked damaged prior to my boy incident! I love those boys and I can just see Clay playing innocent so well...love them! call me

Unknown said...

We are so sorry about Jack's injury. Surely today will be a better day for everyone!
Nana and Pappy

ANN LADEMANN said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD IT WAS JUST HIS NOSE AND NOT HIS HEAD!!

AND THESE THINGS WOULDN'T HAPPEN IF YOU WERE IN MOORESVILLE BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE WITH ME {I WOULD VOLUNTEER OF COURSE] or Jennifer G.!

SO MOVE BACK WHERE ITS SAFER IN THE SOUTH AND YOU CAN LEAVE THEM ON CLOISTER OR OFF CANVASBACK AND JUST GO TO LOWES ALONE!!

I'M MISSING YOU!
PRAY FOR ME MY SURGERY IS WEDNESDAY YUCK.
XOXOX
ANN

the roe family said...

EDEN!!! oh my lord. i can't tell you how many times that could have been us. the sentence about standing paralyzed with sweaty armpits and no bra....
are we living a similar life or what.

Related Posts with Thumbnails