Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh No, Here She Goes Again!


While this post may annoy many of the male readers of the blog(Trav discouraged it, Dad may be annoyed), I felt an annoying itch to write this post(and no, it wasn't a mosquito bite).
I am a Colts fan. How can you not be? Born and raised in Indiana sets you up for a few things, a love of corn, county fairs, and Indiana Hoosiers Basketball. Then, there are the Colts. How can you not love Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning among others. That being said the Colts will begin to play in their new Stadium, Lucas Oil Stadium this season. Goodbye RCA Dome(although I couldn't get used to it not being the Hoosier Dome), Hello Lucas Oil. Tickets to tour the new facility were gone before you could blink an eye, and additional dates had to be added. It is going to be a wonderful addition to an already wonderful city. *WARNING* she is getting ready to start... ugh, the complaining is about to begin. I recently received a supplemental brochure along with my Indianapolis Monthly magazine that hyped up the facility. Here's what truly got me..the stadium cost
$730 million to build(all but $100 mill was payed by Hoosier taxpayers). I had heard this stat before, but for some reason it rubbed me the wrong way. Are you kidding me?? $730 million dollars!! Do they realize just what they could have done with that kind of money. I'm sure a new hospitals or schools could have been built.(albeit, Manning did just open a pediatric hospital in Indy). I'm sure bright doctors could have been payed a little more, school teachers, those risking their lives for our country, etc. How about giving some to the Alzheimer's Association so we can cure this damn disease, cancer research, anyone? How about feeding the children in this world...on average it only costs .33 cents a day. I know, I know, it will be great for the city and its residents ans I'm sure they are expecting a great return, but I wish just one person would stand up and say that this is truly obnoxious. At least Angelina and Brad are donating the $14 mill they are getting for the pics of the twins to charity. OK, I'm done now...please go about your business.

2 comments:

ANN LADEMANN said...

Eden:

I think its wonderful you stay true to your home roots!
Although Gregory will not be happy reading your Blog, being the true Giants fan that he is. I'm glad that Mr. Manning has a new stadium and the fans have new accomodations. Maybe I will get to see them one day!
love ann

the roe family said...

you go girl!!! stay true and be bold. speak what is on your mind and teach that amazing daughter of yours to have the strength and confidence to do the same as she grows into her voice.

"entertainment" is in a league all of it's own. peter and i have had similar debates. it is what it is and i am afraid people will remain blind until crisis hits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails