Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Day


It all began with a phone call from my sister. I will never forget the sound of her voice. The fear, the concern, the confusion. Everything she was telling me was so sureal. I began to wonder if I was still sleeping. I looked over to the other side of the bed to notice Trav had already left for work and Jack was still sleeping soundly on my pillow. How could it be? What is going on? I felt disoriented & confused. A warm feeling shot through the veins of my body...I didn't know if it was fear or adrenaline. I picked Jack up and ran throughout the house turning on all the form of communication I could find. I knew at that moment, all innocence had been lost. I cried. I cried for the feeling of being out of control. I cried for the fear of the unknown . I cried for all of those innocent people who went to work. I cried for all the children who no longer had parents. I cried for those whose efforts to help were ceased. I cried because at that very moment, I knew the world would never be the same for myself or my children. We were and still are so vulnerable. May God bless those who sacrificed so much that day. May God bless all of us who are left behind. May God continue to protect and hold us close.

4 comments:

ma said...

So proud and thankful to be an American and to have been born in the United States of America. I'm sure that to the generation we are losing that 9/11 was like hearing that Pearl Harbour had been bombed. God Bless America!

LL said...

well said, that was touching.
it really is such a memorable BLUR of a day, if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

Love you!

ANN LADEMANN said...

Eden:

Coming from NY I lived across the street from a funeral home where for weeks we saw so so many funerals of men and women and police officers and firemen and firewomen.

So well said in your words, May God Bless all of us who are left behind, and may you always give us those beautiful words to make us smile each day. I had my sutures out today, all 33. I no longer feel like Frankenstein!!
amen
love ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails