Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eden's Weekly Shout-Out


I'm back with this week's edition of Eden's Weekly Shout-Out. What an enthusiastic group you are...many posts, texts, emails from everyone a little disturbed that last weeks list did not go off as planned.

1) Reconnecting with old friends. I heard from one of my dearest high school friends this week, Mik! We actually ran into one another years ago at the Louisville Target. It turned out we lived only minutes from one another and had no idea. Another way to connect with old friends is through the tricky and sometimes troublesome Facebook. I have reconnected with so many friends thanks to this site. (its at least good for a good laugh to view pics of former classmates)
2) My kids and stores just do not mix. This weeks victim was the little miss. We were walking into a store when she slipped and slammed her mouth on the door. I'm not kidding when I say five people walked by us as blood poured from her mouth. Not one person offered their help or just a look of concern. My shout out goes to the lovely lady at the check out who asked if I wanted her to look at sissy's mouth. She worked for a dentist and told me what to look for. Remember, random acts of kindness can mean so much to someone else.
3) My brother....raising kids, especially teenagers, can be difficult if not impossible. Prayers of so many are still coming your way, big bro. Remember that you are not alone.
4) My Grandmother, "Bachie", who called me this week to let me know she had lost her special devotional book that wasgiven to her from a dear friend who has since passed away. She searched all over for it without any luck. I went out and bought her another copy and it is on its way along with pics that the kids drew for her. Do something this week for those who are of an older generation. You won't believe the amount of joy a card of visit can bring to someone who may be a little lonely.
5) Whole Livings body+soul magazine. Both the September and October issue have great vegetarian recipes. I'm always looking!

Until next week, my friends! Remember to give someone a smile or compliment...you might just make their day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I just go home from a Sunday at the office and jumped on to see if there was a Shout-Out to lift my spirits. Indeed there was!

ANN LADEMANN said...

EDEN:
THE MANY DAYS I LOOK OUT THE DININGROOM WINDOW AND STARE AT YOUR OLD CLOISTER FRONT DOOR LONGING FOR MY PERRY KIDS TO LOOK FOR MISS ANN [or una AND CRY I'm working on it Sandy I promise] TODAY I LOGGED ON AND SAW THAT PICTURE OF SISSY AND JUST LAUGHED.... THANK YOU, IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS ACROSS THE STREET BANGING ON THE FRONT DOOR THAT THOSE NEW PEOPLE NEVER EVER OPEN...

The only use the garage door???
LOVE AML

Related Posts with Thumbnails