Monday, September 22, 2008

HSN, the red-headed step-child of QVC


Let me start by saying that there is nothing wrong with having red hair and being a step-child. I endured many late nights working for HSN years ago. I was responsible for bringing customers those life size dolls that decorate their homes. Between dolls, Barbies, live shows, etc, it left little time for anything else. Anthing other than wishing I worked for QVC. You see, QVC was like the popular girl in school. HSN was the girl who was nice but couldn't quite keep up. We had Rustie, they had Marie Osmond. We had Estaban, they had James Taylor. The bearded OxyClean guy was a regular around my cubical. He ended up marrying the Home Goods assistant who sat next to me. I wonder if he yells at her about stains like he does at us through the tv set. Well, all this is brought up because I believe HSN is now really trying to stretch to become "cool". While I never really watched Sex and the City I was always curious about the clothes the characters wore. I wish I had a style to call my own. I think my style is what you find on the secret footage of TLC's What Not To Wear. Tomorrow on HSN they will premier a new exclusive HSN line by Patricia Fields, the costume designer for Sex and the City. In the world of Toledo Eden, dressing like Carrie Bradshaw will get you nothing but a good smack-down at the local Walmart. So I beg HSN to stop trying all of this fancy stuff. Seriously, your loyal customers who have been with you and Tootie from the start are not going to purchase a Patricia Field size 0 dress with a gold flower on the shoulder. Stick with what you do best...Holiday Barbie will be coming out soon!

3 comments:

Suzann said...

If you're into fashion, check this out!!!!

https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next

Bountiful Blessings said...

Suz, you ruined the surprise! I bought us both one(Bachie too!) to lounge around in over the holidays. We will take the snuggie to a whole new level.

Suzann said...

No way! We are going to be so fashionable in our cult-like attire! I wonder if it doubles as a hospital gown since it's open in the back. Did they throw in the free light???? :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails